- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 9h
- Total Time: 9h 10m
- Serves: 4
- Category: Slow Cooker
- 3 -4 pounds beef short ribs
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or regular oil)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 -4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Sprinkle the short ribs with salt, pepper and onion powder. In large pan over medium-high heat, melt the coconut oil. Once the coconut oil is melted, add the short ribs.Cook on for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Flip and cook the other side for 3-4 minutes or brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Pour into a small bowl and set aside.
- In medium-large bowl mix together the broth, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and honey. Whisk to combine.
- If cooking right away: Add ribs, broth mixture and cooked garlic to the bowl of a slow cooker. Add thyme. Cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- If making this into a freezer meal: Place the short ribs into a large gallon sized freezer bag, add in the broth mixture, cooked garlic and thyme. Place into freezer and freeze. When ready to cook, add everything to a slow cooker and cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- I served ours ontop of a bed of garlic mashed potatoes and along side steamed broccoli.
oh my going to try this, on the Friday mornings before we leave to go camping when my husband gets home from work I always put something in the slow cooker, so once we get to our destination and get set up all I have to do is fix sides and dinner is done
YAY! I hope you love it!! It’s one of our favorite slow cooker recipes!