- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 2h
- Total Time: 2h 10m
- Yield: about 6 quarts of chili
- Category: Entree, Soup, Southern Food
- 2 pounds ground mild sausage
- 2 pounds ground beef (85/15 is what we use)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 6 (15.5oz) cans chili beans
- 2 (6oz ) cans tomato paste
- In a large pot, brown the sausage and beef, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as you cook it.
- Add 1 tablespoon garlic, 1 tablespoon onion powder, 1/2 tablespoon ground mustard, 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon cumin.
- Mix well and drain grease if necessary.
- Add in 2 cans of tomato paste and stir.
- Open and drain the beans. Add them into the pot.
- Add 3 cans worth of water to the pot
- Add the rest of the spices and stir well.
- Bring the chili to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 1-2 hours.
Leave a Comment