- Yield: 45 cookies
FOR THE COOKIES:
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted (1 stick)
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chocolate extract (or vanilla if you can't find chocolate)
- 135 mini marshmallows (3 per cookie)
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract (or vanilla if you can't find chocolate)
For The Cookies:
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter and then whisk in the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Whisk together until the butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips melt into a smooth chocolate sauce.
- Set aside and let cool.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the sugar, eggs and extract together. Mix until well combined.
- Once the chocolate and butter mixture is cooled mix it into the sugar, eggs and extract.
- Slowly whisk the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture.
- Mix until everything is combined. Cover in plastic wrap and place into the fridge for 1 hour.
- Remove dough from the fridge after one hour and preheat oven to 325F.
- Grease 3 cookie sheets (or use the same one over and over). - Line the baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up -
- Spoon out about a tablespoon of chilled dough and roll it into a ball. Lay it onto a prepared baking sheet.
- Place about 12-15 cookies onto each baking sheet. Press each cookie down a little bit.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven. Top each cookie with three mini marshmallows. Place back into the oven for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Repeat until all cookies are done.
- Let cookies cool and make the chocolate glaze.
For the GLAZE:
- In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, cocoa powder, hot water and chocolate extract (or vanilla extract).
- Slowly whisk in the powdered sugar until everything is combined.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper under the cooling rack that is holding the cooled cookies. (This will make for easy clean up!)
- Drizzle each cookie with the chocolate glaze, covering the marshmallows. While the chocolate glaze is wet, sprinkle each cookie with the sprinkles.
- Let Cookies and Chocolate glaze set for about 30 minute before serving.
- Keep cookies in an air tight container.