- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 1h 30m
- Total Time: 1h 35m
- Yield: about 1 pint
- Category: Gifts from the Kitchen
- 5 Rainier d'anjou pears, peeled and cored
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla paste (or extract)
- Chop pears into small pieces and add to medium/large pot.
- Stir in honey, cinnamon, cinnamon sugar and vanilla paste.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn heat back to low and place the lid on the pot 1/2 way. Let simmer on low for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Let it cool slightly and then place into the fridge until ready to eat.