- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, divided
- 2 pounds whole jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 ounces applewood-smoked bacon, diced
- 1 bunch collard greens, tough ribs removed
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, and 2 teaspoons of the minced garlic in a mixing bowl. Toss the shrimp in the mixture to coat thoroughly. Set aside. This step can be done up to 2 hours in advance to enhance the flavor of the shrimp.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a small skillet, cook the bacon over medium-low heat until it renders most of its fat.
- Meanwhile, roll the entire bunch of collard greens in a tight cylinder and make a chiffonade by cutting the roll crosswise into thin ribbons.
- Place the greens on the sheet pan and top with the bacon pieces and bacon fat. Add the remaining minced garlic. Toss gently to combine. Top with the marinated shrimp.
- Roast uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the shrimp is cooked through and the collards are wilted.