- Serves: 4
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds round steak
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 -2 tablespoons cooking oil (or coconut oil)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- Jasmine Rice, cooked**Optional
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water until it forms a thick paste (will look like white glue). Whisk in the beef broth, oyster sauce and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Bring a sauce pan of water to a boil and cook the broccoli until bring green and tender. Remove from boiling water and place in an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- With a sharp knife, slice the round steak into thin strips. Lightly season the strips with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a wok (or a large skillet) over medium to high heat. Once the wok is hot, add in the round steak and cook until done. (Stir occasionally to keep it from sticking to the wok or skillet)
- Once the beef is cooked pour in the beef broth mixture and stir well until everything is coated. Add in the broccoli and stir everything together. Once everything is heated throughout, remove from the heat and serve over jasmine rice.
Leave a Comment