This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This 1950s Libby’s Old Pumpkin Pie is the old fashioned vintage pumpkin pie recipe that was on the back of the can of Libby’s Pure Pumpkin from the 1950s until 2019!
Want recipes delivered right to your inbox? Sign up here! You’ll get a free e-cookbooks too!
Recipe At Bottom of Post
While the Libby Pumpkin Pie goes back to the 1920s, the vintage recipe that most people grew up with was introduced in the back of the Libby’s Can of Pumpkin in the 1950s.
When I was looking through my grandmothers recipe binder the other week I found this clipped recipe for “Libby’s Pumpkin Pie” and since this recipe binder was put together probably 40 years ago, I knew that this was the “old” Libby Pumpkin Pie recipe.
Old One? Yep! Libby’s changed their pumpkin pie recipe in 2019! If you’re looking for the original recipe for your Thanksgiving dinner or just because you love pie, this recipe is for you. It’s super easy to make and it’s been a favorite of thousands of people for years and years!
I made a homemade from scratch version years ago, but this one is pretty darn good too. My from scratch recipe takes quite a but of time but this recipe is only going to take you about 10 minutes or less to mix together and about an hour or so to bake.
What you’ll need for 1950s Libby’s Old Pumpkin Pie Recipe:
- unbaked deep dish pie crust
- white sugar
- ground cinnamon
- ground ginger
- ground cloves
- Pure Pumpkin
- evaporated Milk
How to make 1950s Libby’s Old Pumpkin Pie Recipe:
Preheat oven to 425F. Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs lightly in large bowl.
Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350F and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream or cool whip.
I personally love mine topped with cool whip and a few dashes of ground cinnamon.
Best to serve this at room temperature but it’s also good warm and cold haha. Either way you want to enjoy it will be fine!
More pumpkin recipes that you’ll love:
1950s Libby’s Old Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 15 ounce can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 12 fluid ounce can evaporated Milk
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs lightly in large bowl.
- Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350F and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Top with whipped cream or cool whip.
Love it? Pin it!