This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A little chicken twist on the TikTok famous Chicken Feta Pasta is what we’re servings up today! This Baked Chicken Feta Pasta is delicious and hardly takes any work in the kitchen to toss together!
Want recipes delivered right to your inbox? Sign up here! I send out free e-cookbooks too!
RECIPE IS BELOW IN PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BUT BLOG POST IS FULL OF “HOW TO MAKE IT”, TIPS, INFORMATION AND FAQ
I’ve seen this recipe or variations of this recipes all over the internet and it’s also taken over the world of TikTok. While the original recipe, without chicken, comes from Grilled Cheese Social, it’s been made hundreds if not thousands of times but people all over the world.
We love chicken pasta dishes so I knew that when we made this at home that we were going to add chicken to our version! We changed it up just a little with the chicken, seasonings and pasta but I love how it turned out.
Quick Glance at What you’ll need to make Baked Chicken Feta Pasta: (amounts in recipe card below)
- cherry tomatoes
- block feta cheese
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Rotini pasta
- cooked shredded chicken
How do you make The Famous TikTok Baked Feta Pasta?
Preheat oven to 400F.
Pour tomatoes into a 2 quart casserole dish. Add the block of Feta cheese to center of dish. I just used my hands to give of make a little hole to sit it down in. Although I guess it would indeed be easier to put the feta in first and then pour in the tomatoes. 😉
Also, I use a 2 quart casserole dish because it keeps the tomatoes together so that they roast up better.
Drizzle everything with olive oil.
Add a few dashes of salt and pepper.
Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
While tomatoes and feta are baking, cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
Remove dish from oven and add minced garlic and Italian seasonings to the entire dish. If you don’t have Italian seasoning, you could also use a combo of basil and oregano.
Place dish back into oven and set oven to BROIL- HIGH. Keep an eye on it so that it doesn’t burn!
Broil for about 3-5 minutes or until top of tomatoes and feta are nicely browned a bit.
Remove from oven and stir everything together.
Add drained pasta and stir to combine.
Add shredded chicken and stir well.
If pasta is too dry, add 1/2 cup pasta water at a time and stir until sauce is to your liking.
The original famous TikTok Feta Pasta doesn’t have chicken in it, so you can leave that out if you want to. We always have chicken so I like the idea of being able to toss some into this pasta dish for a little extra protein. I love using store bought rotisserie chickens for recipes like this. However, if you wanted to roast a chicken at home for it, I’ve got directions for Air Fryer Roast Chicken and My Favorite Way to Roast a Whole Chicken on the blog.
For this particular recipe, I used the legs and thighs from a large store bought rotisserie chicken that I bought to also use for Chicken Divan the other night.
Quick Glance Baked Chicken Feta Pasta FAQ:
- What pasta shape should I use for Feta Pasta? The original recipe called for bowtie pasta but I personally love rotini pasta for this dish. You could also use Cavatappi, Penne, Radiatori, Rotelle or Ziti.
- I can’t find a block of Feta cheese! Help? You can used crumbled feta for this recipe. Just pile it into the center of the dish in the middle of the tomatoes.
Baked Chicken Feta Pasta
- 20 oz cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz block feta cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 lb Rotini pasta
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Pour tomatoes into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Add block of Feta cheese to center of dish.
- Drizzle everything with olive oil.
- Add a few dashes of salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- While tomatoes and feta are baking, cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Remove dish from oven and add minced garlic and Italian seasonings to the entire dish.
- Place dish back into oven and set oven to BROIL- HIGH.
- Broil for about 3-5 minutes or until top of tomatoes and feta are nicely browned a bit.
- Remove from oven and stir everything together.
- Add drained pasta and stir to combine.
- Add shredded chicken and stir well.
- If pasta is too dry, add 1/2 cup pasta water at a time and stir until sauce is to your liking.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 435Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 419mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 16g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 3/3/2021 - numbers will vary based on amounts used and brands used
I love to see what you’re cooking from the blog!
Love it? Pin it!