This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Chocolate Cherry Rum Cake Bites – Perfect little Chocolate Cherry Rum Cake Bites are sweet chocolate cherry bites made with Cape Fear Rum Cake Cherry Chocolate Rum Cake, stuffed with a cherry and dipped in melted chocolate!
This post sponsored by the N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services but all words and opinions are 100% mine.
I just loved working with local brands and products when it comes to recipe development for the blog. I mean I love the big brands that are are always in my pantry but I get an extra big smile when it comes to working with local companies.
You might remember a few months ago I was working with the N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services on featuring local NC beef, well now I’m working with them to share about another NC company that you’re going to love. Cape Fear Rum Cake!
Cape Fear Rum Cake is going to be at the Homegrown Fare event at the Got To Be NC Festival, May 19-21 at the N.C. State Fairgrounds in Raleigh! They’re based out of Wilmington, NC and YOU ALL KNOW how much I LOVE Wilmington!
So when our group of bloggers were going through the list of vendors to promote, I knew that Cake Fear Rum Cake was going to be my #1 choice.
I actually went down to Wilmington a few weeks ago to visit the Cape Fear Rum Cake company and came back with a few of these gorgeous Cherry Rum cakes!
Cape Fear Rum Cake was started by friends of Angela’s parents in 2010. Danny and Angela, moved to Wilmington in 2012 and while looking for jobs, started helping them with their holiday orders. The owners started talking about moving to Thailand so Angela and Danny started asking about taking over the business. They loved the unique product and also loved working together.
In January of 2014 they became the official owners of Cape Fear Rum Cake. Since then they have been refining their branding and adding new flavors.
Right now their most popular flavor is Golden Vanilla but Angela says that her favorite flavor is dark chocolate while Danny’s is coconut!
Angela says that their family and friends like to make suggestions on new flavors and they always listen to their customers suggestions since they meet them face to face at so many festivals! (They attend over 20 festivals a year)
Danny is the baker so he makes up and also the tests recipes! Then it’s time to taste test them at Sunday family dinners!
Ok, so you know how I picked up a few of the Chocolate Cherry Rum Cakes when I was in Wilmington? Well, I decided to make a little treat using one of the cakes. Chocolate Cherry Rum Cake Bites!!
You only need three ingredients for these Chocolate Cherry Rum Cake Bites!
Rum Cake, cherries and melted chocolate! So easy!
I’ve got all of the directions at the bottom of the post for these Chocolate Cherry Rum Cake Bites. I just know you’re going to love them!
Ps, if you can’t get to the festival or Wilmington to get one of these fantastic rum cakes, you can totally order online!
However, if you can make it to the festival, please go!!
Check out Cape Fear Rum Cake’s booth at the Homegrown Fare presented by Lowes Foods May 19-21 at the N.C. State Fairgrounds in Raleigh. The event, part of the annual Got To Be NC Festival, will feature 100 local food, wine and beer companies.
Home Grown Fare Cost: $3 for adults, Free for children under 12
Bring your Lowes Foods Fresh Rewards loyalty card, and get 2 FREE admissions to the Homegrown Fare!
Plus, you can get a free gift while supplies last by mentioning this blog at the Got To Be NC merchandise booth. More information about the Homegrown Fare and the Got To Be NC Festival is available at www.gottobencfestival.com.
Ooo and GUESS WHAT! The first 100 people who show up and mention BigBearsWife at the Home Grown Fare tent will get a Got To Be NC gift bag containing 3-4 products.
If you go to the Got To Be NC Festival and make a purchase, swing by the Got to be NC booth and take a selfie in the Home Grown Fare Selfie Frame! Tag your instagram/twitter posts with #homegrownfare17 ! I can’t wait to see your photos!
Chocolate Cherry Rum Cake Bites
- 16 ounces Cherry Chocolate Rum Cake (Cape Fear Rum Cake)
- 13 maraschino cherries, drained
- 16 ounces melting chocolate candy coating
- Optional** - 6 oz white or milk chocolate for drizzle.
In a large bowl, crumble the rum cake.
Taking a spoonful of crumbs at a time, roll cake into balls. The heat from your hand and the moisture from the rum cake will help form them.
Press your thumb into the middle and add 1 cherry to each ball.
Roll cake over cherry and roll it back into a ball.
Place on a flat sheet and place into the freezer for 10 minutes.
Melt chocolate candy coating according to package directions.
Remove chocolate cherry bites from freezer and dip each one into the melted chocolate.
Tap off excess and lay chocolate bites on a flat surface lined with foil or parchment paper until hardened.
*Optional* -- Drizzle melted white or milk chocolate over cooled bites.
Love this recipe? Pin it to your dessert board! Be sure to follow Big Bear’s Wife on Pinterest for all kinds of awesome recipes!
Got to be NC Blogger Posts for #HomeGrownFare17
- Introducing Harvest Time Foods Gluten Free Products from Andrea of Good Girl Gone Redneck
- Chocolate Cherry Rum Cake Bites from Angie of Big Bear’s Wife
- Ice Cream Parfaits with Peach Wine Syrup from April of Girl Gone Gourmet
- Sweet and Tart Spaghetti and Meatballs from Emily of The Edible Coast
- Uncle Chris’ Smokin’ Habanero Pimento Cheese Mac and Cheese from Fran of Sip, Stir, Go
- North Carolina Jamaican Jerk Chicken with Mango Salsa and Rice from Hadassah of World on a Table
- Choose Better, Drink Sunshine and Brighten Your Life from Jen of JAB’s Plethora
- North Carolina Muffaletta with Bruce Julian from Jenni of Pastry Chef Online
- Carolina Fancy Foods Takes NC Food Products to a New Level from Johanna of Durham Foodie
- Homemade Caterpillar Rolls, North Carolina Style from Kate of Life of a Ginger
- Got to Be NC Air Fried Tofu Rancheros with Veggies and Little Face Salsa from Kathy of Healthy Slow Cooking
- Little Black Dress Dinner Party: Easy Baked Pork Tenderloin with a Dressy Salad Wedge Side from Leigh of HinesSight
- Discovering The World’s Best Popcorn from Linda of Hispanic Mama
- Easy Shrimp Noodle Bowl with Bertie County Peanuts from Meghan of I’m Fixin’ To
- Coming Home to Gregory Vineyards from Rachel of Fit Triangle Mom