I think that I’m starting to get over my hatred of breakfast. I still can’t eat super early in the morning but as I start to experiment more with “breakfast type” foods, I think I may actually be ok with it. Well, I’m ok with it as long as I don’t have to stick to bacon and eggs as my only breakfast choice!
These Chocolate Chip Banana Sweet Rolls are certainly a “breakfast type” food that I’d gladly have in the mornings!
I’m pretty much a chocolate and banana freak! I don’t know why but I just love that combination. Oh and that paired with hot from the oven sweet rolls?! Oh My Gosh!
Now you don’t have to use as much glaze as I did in the photos, but I did want those sweet rolls to be extra pretty for their pictures so I added a bit extra and topped them with some mini chocolate chips! (Who am I kidding? Yes, that amount of glaze is divine and you should totally do it like that haha)
So this is my first #SundaySupper in what seems like forever. To be honest I don’t even remember the last time I did a #SundaySupper post! I just literally haven’t had the time! Well I didn’t really have the time to do it this week but I’ve missed it so much so I knew that I just had to squeeze the time in and participate!
#SundaySupper helps get my creativeness flowing and I need that desperately!
With today’s #SundaySupper theme being Stuff, Roll and Wrap (hosted by Kimchi Mom) I knew that I had to share these Chocolate Chip Banana Sweet Rolls! (Not only are they amazing but they’re homemade too!)
by: Angie Barrett 04/13/14 (Click to Print)
4 cups whole milk
1 cup Vegetable Oil
1 cup sugar
2 packages Active Dry Yeast
8 cups all purpose flour
1 cup all purpose flour (this is to be used after the dough rises)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon salt
1/4 cup – 1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
4 bananas, sliced thin
2 cups mini chocolate chips
For the Icing:
1 lb bag powdered sugar
1/2 cup whole milk
1/4 cup melted butter
In medium pot, heat the milk, vegetable oil, and sugar over medium heat until scalding. Do not let it boil.
One the mixture is hot, remove it from the heat. Let it cool until it is lukewarm; this should take about 30 minutes. Once the mixture is lukewarm, sprinkle the yeast in and let it sit (without stirring) it for 1-2 minutes.
Next, stir in 8 cups of the flour. Stir extremely well, until everything is combined.
Cover with a kitchen towel and set the pot in a warm place for 1 hour to let the dough rise.
After 1 hour, add 1 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
Stir well to combine.
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Cut the dough down into 4 sections.
Working with 1 section at a time, lightly flour a flat surface and roll the dough into a large rectangle, roll the dough as thin as you can.
Spread a little of the melted butter over the dough, using the back of a spoon to spread it out.
Sprinkle some of the sugar over the melted butter. Next, cover the dough with the thin banana slices and mini chocolate chips.
Starting at (shortest) side closest to you, roll the dough tightly away from you, tucking the dough in as you roll.
Roll the dough log over so that the seam is face down.
With a sharp knife, slice the dough every 2 or so inches.
Lightly butter the baking dishes (I used Pie Plates & Cake tins)
Place the sliced rolls in the pans. One in the center and the rest around the edges.
Now, do those steps again with the rest of the dough until all of the sweet rolls are in the pans.
You will want to let each pan of cinnamon rolls rest and rise for about 10 minutes before baking.
Once the rolls have risen for about 10 minutes, place the rolls into the pre-heated oven and bake for about 15 – 20 minutes.
While the rolls are baking, starting making Icing.
For the Icing:
In a large bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar vanilla and milk. Add in the melted butter. Whisk until smooth.
Icing should be smooth and thick, but you should be able to pour it.
Once the sweet rolls have finished baking, remove pans from the oven and immediately drizzle icing over the tops.
Yields 4 pans of sweet rolls
- Easy Apple Dumplings by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Endive Stuffed with Blue Cheese, Walnuts and Honey by Shockingly Delicious
- Filipino Turon (Banana Lumpia) by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Arepas de Queso (cheese stuffed cornmeal cakes) by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chicken Tinga Taquitos with Avocado Cream by Savvy Eats
- Eggy Rice Wraps by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Puff Pastry and Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Onigiri by Brunch With Joy
- Stuffed Pierogie Shells by Seduction in The Kitchen
- Scotch Eggs with Sriracha Dipping Sauce by Run DMT
- Celery Root Lettuce Wraps with Beluga Lentils by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Entrees and Mains
- Rouladen by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Stracci di Antrodoco by Manu’s Menu
- Eggplant Rollatini by MealDiva
- Chicken Cordon Blue by The Foodie Army Wife
- Stuffed Whole Baby Savoy Cabbages by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Taco Egg Rolls by Table for Seven
- Shrimp Tempura Rolls by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Lemon and Herbed Stuffed Salmon by Nosh My Way
- Tamales de Rajas y Requeson (Roasted Poblano Tamales) by La Cocina de Leslie
- Bademjan Shekam-por – Persian Stuffed Eggplant by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mascarpone Blueberry Stuffed French Toast by gotta get baked
- Korean-style Meaty Stuffed Potatoes by kimchi MOM
- Strawberries and Cream Pancake Roll by Curious Cuisiniere
- Creamy Goat Cheese Quinoa Stuffed Tomatoes by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Rolled Greek Meatloaf by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Shrimp Burritos Con Queso by Cooking On The Ranch
- Bee-Bim Bop Sushi Rolls by NinjaBaking.com
- Angel Hair Shrimp Lettuce Wraps by Family Foodie
- Genoa Salami and Kalamata Olive Calzones by The Texan New Yorker
- Zucchini Boats by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Girl’s Camp Breakfast Burritos by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Crab Louie Stuffed Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Rustic “Wrapped” Tart with Ramps by Delaware Girl Eats
- Potato Roll Stuffed with Ham and Cheese in Red Sauce by Basic N Delicious
- Ham, Turkey and Cheddar Turnovers by Magnolia Days
- Crispy Chipotle Shrimp Burritos by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Caprese Stuffed Chicken Breasts by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pizza Pockets by girlichef
- Ham and Cheese Crescent “Roll” Stromboli by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Beef Wellington Braciole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Greek Salad Wrap by The Messy Baker
- Cabbage Venison Lettuce Wraps With Fresh Herbs by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
All things Sweet
- Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Chocolate Hazelnut Rugelach by Desserts Required
- Chocolate Cake Roll by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cannoli Stuffed French Toast by Momma’s Meals
- Lemon Poppyseed Swirl Cookies by What Smells So Good
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Egg Rolls by Melanie Makes
- Raspberry and Lemon Curd Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Chocolate Chip Banana Sweet Rolls by Big Bear’s Wife
- Orange Chocolate Swiss Roll by Noshing With The Nolands
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Flourless Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies by Pies and Plots
Leave a Comment