Happy Birthday to Meeeeeee! Sorry, let me calm down. Happy Birthday to Me! Please tell me that I’m not the only person in their late twenties that still gets excited about their birthday. Most people I know are all like “Nooo, I’m almost 30.” “I”m almost out of my 20’s whaaaaaa”. “This is my 5th “21st” Birthday”.
However I’m over here just like “YAY, It’s my birthday, I made it another year!” Is that weird? Please tell me I’m not alone. I’m a lovely age of 28 today and proud of it 🙂
I also have this weird thing where on my birthday I feel like I could take on the world. It’s totally my day and even the air feels lighter. It’s probably just because I get super excited about my birthday haha. It’s like being on vacation for the day because I literally do whatever I want. So today is 100% my day!
Doing whatever I want includes having birthday cake, or birthday pie and birthday dinner with no guilt. I mean we all know that holiday foods have zero calories and my birthday is a holiday, so there you have it.
Have some Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie in a Jar and let’s celebrate! It’s probably also weird that I make pie for my birthday but hey… it’s my birthday and I can do whatever I want.
Even though it’s totally my day, I’m willing to share it with my wonderful #SundaySupper group. Today is all about Desserts in a Jar for #SundaySupper. These Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie in a Jar were inspired by Desserts in Jars by Shaina Olmanson. Shaina blogs over at Foodformyfamily.com and I’ve loved her book Desserts in Jars since I found it in my Mixed Con swag bag. It’s so cute and while I don’t make desserts in jars often, I do think that they make the cutest gifts!
Don’t forget to keep reading after the recipe! I’ve got a giveaway for you and a whole list of #SundaySupper members that created their own desserts inspired by Desserts in Jars!
Don’t fill the jars all the way to the top. They will indeed bake up and spill over if you do. But if that happens, just clean them up and push the pie back into the jar after they’ve cooled a bit. Then add more pecans and chocolate chips to the top (I may have had to do that in the past haha)
If the tops of your jars are hinged but removable, remove them before baking. Just reattach them after they cool.
2 large eggs
1.5 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup pecan halves, chopped
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/4 cup pecan halves (for the tops of the pies)
1/2 tablespoon mini chocolate chips (for the tops of the pies)
In a small bowl mix together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press graham cracker crumbs into bottoms of jars to form a “crust”
Place jars on a cookie sheet and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the tops are browned and the center jiggles just a bit when moved. If you’ve filled the jars too much and they have spilled over, just clean them up and push the pie back into the jar after they’ve cooled a bit. Then add more pecans and chocolate chips to the top.
Eat while warm.
Yields: 8 Chocolate Chip Pecan Pies in a Jar
OPEN TO US RESIDENTS ONLY
- Summer Fruit Fool in Jars by Shockingly Delicious
- Banana Split Cakes in a Jar by Daily Dish Recipes
- Baked Cheesecake In A Jar by Chocolate Moosey
- Key Lime Pies in a Jar by Home Cooking Memories
- Fudgy Brownie Mix by What Smells So Good?
- 5 Minute Coffee Cake in a Jar by Juanita’s Cocina
- Strawberry Mess by Jane’s Adventure’s in Dinner
- Mini Blueberry Cream Cheese Pies by Magnolia Days
- Peach Crisp in Jars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes by Hip Foodie Mom
- Salted Caramel Frozen Yogurt by Healthy.Delicious
- Boston Cream Pie Trifle by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Egg Cream in A Jar by Growing Up Gabel
- Cinnamon Espresso Bread Pudding in a Jar by Country Girl in the Village
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake in a Jar by Runner’s Tales
- Blueberry Thyme Pie in a Jar by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Caramel Panna Cotta in a Jar by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Layered Melon Granitas in Jars by Curious Cuisiniere
- Red Velvet Wedding Cake In A Jar by Foxes Love Lemons
- Strawberry Shortcake with Lemon Mascarpone in a Jar by Gotta Get Baked
- Nutella Panna Cotta in a Jar by Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie in a Jar by Big Bears Wife
- Bacon Bourbon Bread Pudding by The Urban Mrs
- Cinnamon Caramel Affogatos by Family Foodie
- Banana Split Ice Cream by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Midori Melon Flower Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Triple Berry Crisp in a Jar by Ruffles & Truffles
- Guilt-Free Blueberry Cream Cheese Gingerbread in a Jar by Eat, Move, Shine
- Gluten Free Pull-Apart Cinnamon Bread in a Jar by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Roasted Strawberry Coconut Cream Parfaits With Toasted Coconut by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Chocolate and Banana Ice Box Trifle In A Jar by In the Kitchen with KP
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. YOU COULD ALSO WIN TICKETS TO THIS YEARS FOOD AND WINE CONFERENCE DURING THE CHAT! DON’T MISS IT!
Leave a Comment