This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Chocolate Pudding and Strawberry Jello Parfaits are made up of wonderful homemade chocolate pudding on one side of the glass and and strawberry Jello with fresh strawberry slices on the other. This easy dessert recipe is perfect for chefs of all ages. Impress your family and friend with this beautiful sweet treat that can be created by anyone!
This recipe was created for Dixie Crystals by BigBear’sWife, post and words written are 100% mine as always.
Want recipes delivered right to your inbox? Sign up here! Sometimes I even send out free e-cookbooks too!
LOVE IT? PIN IT!
I get a lot of e-mails and messages from readers that want to make super amazing desserts for their friends and family. However, a lot of people tell me they’re too scared to make “fancy” desserts because of there dessert skill level. When I write back to them, I always tell them that I am no master dessert maker or dessert decorator and if I can do it anyone can do it.
“…. I am no master dessert maker or dessert decorator and if I can do it anyone can do it….”
Now some of the desserts I make like these Chocolate Pecan Pie Macarons and the easy Birthday Cakes that I make each year might take a tad bit of practice but to be honest, they’re super easy once you get the hang of it.
However these Chocolate Pudding and Strawberry Jello Parfaits don’t take any practice at all. I bet you can make these with no problem!
All you need skill wise for these Chocolate Pudding and Strawberry Jello Parfaits is a little patience.
You’ll make the strawberry jello according to package directions, add in a few little strawberry slices (optional but I love them!), let them sit in the fridge until firm and then top with homemade chocolate pudding!
“….I love adding sliced strawberries to the jello layer but you don’t have to….”
I like to add a sliced and fanned strawberry on top for garnish but you don’t have to.
Chill these little dessert cups until they’re super cold and then serve them up to family and friends! Then serve them up with spoons and let everyone dig in. Now like I mentioned before, I serve these with fresh strawberries on top since I add strawberry sliced in the Jello. However, I bet these would be just as amazing with a little whipped cream swirled on top!
“…. tilt those glasses to get the cool layers….”
- To get the tilt affect in this dessert; Set the glasses at an angle in a muffin tin before pouring the jello in. Let them sit at an angle in the muffin tins in the fridge while the jello firms up. Once the jello is firm you can remove them from the muffin tins.
- Let that jello firm up completely before you try to add the pudding layer. (recipe for my homemade chocolate pudding is over on the Dixie Crystals site, link below!)
- Make sure you let pudding cool slightly before adding plastic wrap. Then make sure you place a piece of plastic wrap over pudding, pressing it onto top of pudding to prevent a skin from forming as it cools. The skin pudding gets when it cools is kind of gross, so let us avoid that!
- To fan a cute strawberry for the top, set a strawberry flat on the green stem. Carefully slice little slits into the strawberry WITHOUT going all the way through the green top. Use your fingers to fan it out and place it on top of the pudding.
- Make sure to serve this COLD!
Chocolate Pudding and Strawberry Jello Parfaits
I love to see what your cooking from the blog!