While I love a good shortcut when it comes to baking, Homemade Blueberry Cream Cheese Danishes from scratch are 100% worth it! They’re filled with a cream cheese filling and topped with fresh summer blueberries!
“This recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.”
Cream cheese danishes have been a favorite of mine since I worked at the coffee shop years ago. I would stop for my breaks when I worked there, cash in on one of my free coffees of the day and sit down to savor one of the super tasty cream cheese danishes before clocking back in for the rest of my shift.
It’s been years since then, I don’t get to enjoy them like I use to but they still hold a special place in my heart.
So I thought they would be kinda perfect to share with y’all for my last recipe for #SummerDessertWeek! This week has flown by and I hope that y’all have been loving all of the recipes that we’ve been sharing with y’all.
Now let’s get onto these danishes! The Cream Cheese Danish that I fell in love with didn’t have blueberries but I’m crazy about blueberries this time of year, so I just had to add them!
I’ve got the recipe down below for y’all but I wanted to toss in some step by step photos to show y’all how I like to roll these danishes.
- Cut 1-inch strips that are 15 inches long. You should get about 10 strips.
- On a parchment, or silicone sheet lined baking sheet, start wrapping the dough into danishes. (You can wrap them on a cutting board and then transfer them too)
- To wrap the, press the end of one of the dough strips to the pan. wrap 1-2 inches of the dough around the end and press the dough down to create a flat middle for the filling.
- Loosely twist the dough and wrap around the center to create the danish.
- Repeat until all are done, place danishes about 1 inch apart on a large baking sheet or 2 smaller baking pans.
After the first rest, make the filling and fill each danish.
Add blueberries to each danish. I added 8 but you can add more if you’d like because they do spread out when they bake.
- Cover them with plastic and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Remove plastic.
Oh I think they’re just so pretty!
Brush them with a bit of egg wash and bake for 20 minutes! Keep an eye on them though! Don’t let them burn!
Remove from oven and let cool completely. When they come out of the oven, they will be super puffy, both the danish and the cream cheese filling but as they cool they will fall back down like they should be!!
Making a bit of icing and drizzle the icing over the cooled danishes!
SPONSORED ITEMS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
- Dixie Crystals – Powdered Sugar & Granulated Sugar
- Adam’s Extract – Vanilla Extract
- Red Star Yeast – Yeast
Homemade Blueberry Cream Cheese Danishes
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- White Chocolate Espresso Cake with Caramel Espresso Buttercream from The Food Hunter’s Guide To Cuisine
- Bee Sting Cake from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Coffee Cake from A Blender Mom
- Tropical Summer Cake from Daily Dish Recipes
- Banana Pudding No Bake Cheesecake from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Strawberry Cloud Dessert from Shockingly Delicious
- Homemade Blueberry Cream Cheese Danishes from Big Bear’s Wife
- Black Cherry Kolaches from The Spiffy Cookie
- Blackberry Bread Pudding from Eat Move Make
- White Cake with Vanilla Cherry Buttercream Icing from The Beard and The Baker
- Lemon Poppyseed Scones from Mildly Meandering
- Cherry Sweet Rolls from Comfortably Domestic
- Watermelon Slushies from The Domestic Kitchen
Love it? Pin it!
Welcome to the 2nd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This sweet week-long event is filled with fun dessert recipes from amazing bloggers and some great giveaways from our generous sponsors! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with y’all and celebrate summertime sweets all week long!
There are 23 wonderful bloggers participating in this year’s event! With over 60 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week too!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – One bottle of Adams Best Vanilla Flavor, Adams Best Prize Winning Pound Cake Mix, Adams Extract Twice as Stong Vanilla and Adams Extract Lemon Extract
Prize #3– Red Star Yeast is giving away a gift pack including an Insulated Tote Bag, Apron, “The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day” Cookbook, Yeast, Rolling Pin, Measuring Spoons, Oven Mit and Dish Towel
Prize #4 — Susquehanna Glass Co. is giving away one set (4 glasses) of Mermaids Stemless Wine Glasses. (like the Mermaid glasses you’ll see in some of our recipes this week!)
Prize #5 — Lodge Cast Iron is giving away one (1) 12-inch Cast Iron Skillet.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. No PO Boxes Please. giveaway runs from July 9th until July 15th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Red Star Yeast, Susquehanna Glass Co. and Lodge Cast Iron! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.