Creamy and rich homemade white hot chocolate gets a Halloween twist with little marshmallow ghost with this spooky Melting Ghost Hot Chocolate!
This post/recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Oh, I may have gotten a little ahead of myself but it’s October 1st so that means that it’s Halloween around here. Not only is October 1st my green light to start decorating the entire house for Halloween but today is also the first day of this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek.
This entire week is going to dedicated to Halloween recipe here on BigBearsWife.com as well as on 29 other awesome blogs! When you’re done getting the recipe for this Melting Ghost Hot Chocolate scroll down to see everyone else’s Halloween recipes for today!
I’ve hosted quite a few online events like this ( #SummerDessertWeek & #EasterSweetsWeek ) but I think #HalloweenTreatsWeek is the BEST because….well…because it’s Halloween themed! Y’all know how much I love Halloween. I even started a Halloween blog just for Halloween recipes!
Not only am I crazy for Halloween but I also love Hot Chocolate. In the past, I’ve combined these two loves to create my famous Melting Witch Hot Chocolate and the creepy tasty Vampire Hot Chocolate recipe.
Now for #HalloweenTreatsWeek I’ve got a new Halloween Hot Chocolate recipe for y’all.
Melting Ghost Hot Chocolate! This Halloween hot chocolate is a just a simple homemade white chocolate hot chocolate with mini marshmallow ghosts!
When I was first working on my ideas for this Melting Ghost Hot Chocolate I thought of using storebought marshmallow ghosts or maybe chocolate ghosts.
Then I thought that simple marshmallow ghost would be best because I wanted this to be a delicious but easy to toss together Halloween drink. So homemade white hot chocolate and easy mini ghost marshmallows made the cut!
After I made this Melting Ghost Hot Chocolate and photographed it, I did something that no blogger should do. I searched for “Ghost Marshmallows” to see what other people have used for ghost marshmallows in Halloween desserts so that I could make some suggestions in my post on what else y’all could use for ghost in this Melting Ghost Hot Chocolate.
That’s when I saw it. Halloween hot chocolate from Family Fresh Meals….her hot chocolate was just regular hot chocolate but it has the same little marshmallow ghost and my heart cried a little. So even though I hadn’t seen hers before I made mine, my blogger heart wouldn’t feel right if I didn’t link to her since she did make those cute little mini marshmallow ghosts years ago.
I’ve got a recipe below for the homemade whipped cream that I use for my hot chocolate recipes.
These little mini ghosts are great just floating around in the homemade white hot chocolate or on top of homemade whipped cream.
Also, if you wanted to change it up you can make the faces on big marshmallows with an edible marker too! I think I like the mini marshmallow ghosts the best but the big ones are pretty neat too.
SPONSORED ITEMS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
Melting Ghost Hot Chocolate (Homemade White Hot Chocolate)
WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces white chocolate chips
WHIPPED CREAM FOR TOPPING
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- black edible marker
- mini marshmallows
In the bowl of a mixer add 1 cup heavy cream and the sugar.
Whip on medium high until stiff peaks form. Mix in vanilla.
WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE
Add the whole milk, heavy cream, vanilla and white chocolate chips to a medium saucepan.
Heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Heat until the white chocolate is melted and the hot chocolate starts to simmer.
Do not let it burn or boil!
Pour hot chocolate into mugs. Top with whipped cream and/or ghost marshmallows
FOR MARSHMALLOW GHOST
Draw little faces on marshmallows with edible marker and toss into hot chocolate right before serving.
Love it? Pin it!
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Melting Ghost Hot Chocolate from Big Bear’s Wife
- Day of the Dead Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes from Pook’s Pantry
- Devilish Halloween Deviled Eggs from Pastry Chef Online
- Candy Corn Layer Cake from ReciPEAs
- Cauldron Cupcakes from Mrs. Happy Homemaker
- Black Magic Skull Cakes from Sugar Dish Me
- Frankenstein’s Monster Pudding Cups from I am a Honey Bee
- Halloween Sprinkle Cookie Cake from Love and Confections
- Chocolate Dipped Brownie Pops for Halloween from Southern From Scratch
- Creepy Crawly Dirt Cup Pudding Parfaits from 4 Sons R Us
- “Guts” Cinnamon Rolls from A Blender Mom
- Creepy Eyeball Donuts from Daily Dish Recipes
- Mummy Bites from Eat Move Make
- Monkey Brain Bread from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Cookie Pizza from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Boo Berry Pie from Kudos Kitchen
- Monster Donuts from The Baking Fairy
- Boogeyman Brew from Who Needs A Cape?
- Purple People Eater Thumbprints from The Spiffy Cookie
- Hocus Pocus Halloween Decorated Pretzels from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Black and Orange Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Skeleton Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Monster Mash Cake from Mildly Meandering
- Graveyard Skillet Brownies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Blood-Red Pomegranate Margarita from The Redhead Baker
- Halloween Snoballs from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Chocolate Cherry Hand Pies from House of Nash Eats
- Halloween Dunkaroo Dip from Savory Experiments
- Bloody Eyeball Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes from Katie’s Cucina
- Eye Scream Sundae from For the Love of Food
Happy Halloween! We hope you’re ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways. “When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.” For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors! Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Caramel Extract, Almond Extract, Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix and Adam’s Best Twice as strong Vanilla
Prize #3 Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Halloween Cookie House Bat, Tombstone and Skull 3-Piece Cookie Cutter Set, Halloween Skull Tube Pan, Zombie Cupcake Liners, Skull Sugar Decorations
Prize #4 Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away 1 (one) 1.5lb Sprinkle Mix Kit from their shop
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a $25 Visa Gift Card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 1st – October 6th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.