Super simple and quick Oven Roasted Sesame Broccoli is a great side dish that is ready in under 30 minutes!
Want recipes delivered right to your inbox? Sign up here! I send out free e-cookbooks too!
RECIPE IS BELOW IN PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BUT BLOG POST IS FULL OF “HOW TO MAKE IT”, TIPS, INFORMATION AND FAQ
We love Broccoli around here and it’s one of my favorite ingredients to cook, toss into pasta and add to casseroles. Broccoli Casserole has been a staple side dish in my life for 30 years and I’m always tossing it into Chicken Alfredo. Plus broccoli and cheese is my all time favorite soup!
Even though I love tossing it into recipes, I also love to eat it raw, dipped in ranch and roasted! I’ve shared my recipe for Crispy Garlic Parmesan Roasted Broccoli with y’all before but let me share this Sesame Broccoli with you! It’s so good!
Quick Glance at What you’ll need to make Oven Roasted Sesame Broccoli: (amounts in recipe card below)
- frozen broccoli florets or fresh broccoli
- sesame oil
- soy sauce or Bragg Liquid Aminos
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- sesame seeds
How do you make Oven Roasted Sesame Broccoli?
Just like my favorite Oven Roasted Carrots recipe, this recipe is super simple!
Preheat oven to 425F.
Add sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic powder, olive oil and sesame seeds to a large bowl. Stir well to combine.
Add broccoli to bowl and toss to evenly coat.
If using frozen broccoli make sure it is thawed and patted dry before adding to bowl, if using fresh broccoli, make sure to chop and blanch/steam broccoli slightly before adding.
I normally have a stock of frozen broccoli in our freezer which is why I love to use it for this side dish.
Spread broccoli onto a baking sheet.
Roast in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, until broccoli is tender and starts to crisp.
I’m perfectly fine eating this roasted broccoli on it’s own but it’s also the perfect side dish for our Easy Mediterranean Seasoned Parchment Paper Salmon, Muffin Tin Mushroom Meatloaf or our favorite Dijon Sirloin Tip Roast with Brown Butter Mushrooms!
Or you know, make a vegetable plate with this roasted broccoli, some Homemade Skillet Creamed Corn and a nice serving of Baby Purple Potatoes and Baby Russet Roasted Potatoes! Or if you’re in the south, you know that we like to consider mac and cheese a vegetable haha.
Quick Glance Oven Roasted Sesame Broccoli FAQ:
- Can I use fresh broccoli instead of frozen? 1 pound fresh broccoli, chopped and steamed can be substituted for frozen.
- Do I need to toast the sesame seeds first? Not for this recipe, since they’ll be in the oven. But you can if you’d like to.
Buy Sesame Oil for this recipe and Need other ways to use the sesame oil?
You can also use sesame oil in these recipes:
Oven Roasted Sesame Broccoli
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli florets, thawed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raw sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Add sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic powder, olive oil and sesame seeds to a large bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Add broccoli to bowl and toss to evenly coat. If using frozen broccoli make sure it is thawed and patted dry before adding to bowl, if using fresh broccoli, make sure to chop and blanch/steam broccoli slightly before adding.
- Spread broccoli onto a baking sheet.
- Roast in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, until broccoli is tender and starts to crisp.
- Serve warm.
- 24 sprays of Bragg Liquid Aminos can be substituted for soy sauce
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, chopped and steamed can be substituted for frozen
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 486mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 2/25/2021 Numbers and amounts may vary depending on brands used.
I love to see what you’re cooking from the blog!
Love it? Pin it!