This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
These Muffin Tin Mushroom Meatloaf muffins are not only tasty but they’re healthy too! These meatloaves are made into perfect portions using a large muffin pan and contain a mixture of beef and turkey!
Want recipes delivered right to your inbox? Sign up here! Sometimes I even send out free e-cookbooks too!
LOVE IT? PIN IT!
Meatloaf is one of those meals that I forgot all the time. I feel like meatloaf got a bad name when I was growing up but it’s actually really good when it’s made right. While I love the flavors of meatloaf I’ve never been a huge fan of it BUT I think that’s only because I grew up with meatloaf being slices like a loaf a bread. I don’t think I’m really into meat being sliced like a big loaf of bread and plopped on my plate. haha
That’s where these Muffin Tin Mushroom Meatloaf muffins come in! Perfect individual muffins with great flavor and no “bread sliced meat” look. haha
Prepare the Muffin tin:
When I make these Muffin Tin Mushroom Meatloaf muffins, I always make them in my large muffin tins. The muffin tins only bake about 6 muffins at a time and they’re what I call “Bakery Size Muffins or Coffee Shop Size Muffins”.
They’re the perfect size for these meatloaves. If you don’t have one though you can always use a smaller muffin pan.
To prepare the muffin pans for the meatloaf, either spray the muffin tins with a veyr good non stick spray or line them with foil.
To line them with foil, cut pieces of foil into 5×5 squares and press them into the muffin tins. This will make it easier to remove the Muffin Tin Mushroom Meatloaf muffins when they’re done cooking.
The Mushrooms for this recipe:
I used white button mushrooms for this particular batch of Muffin Tin Mushroom Meatloaf muffins but baby bellas work great too.
Make sure to dice the mushrooms pretty small so they don’t take forever to cook. I just dice them up with a knife but you would also toss them into a food processor.
Filling the muffin pan:
If you use the large muffin pans for these meatloaf muffins, 2 scoops from an ice cream scoop is the perfect amount for them.
Just scoop the mixture into the muffin pan and if you want to make sure the tops are flat, just use a spoon to spoon out the tops.
Bake the Muffin Tin Mushroom Meatloaf muffins:
Bake these meatloaf muffins in a 350F oven for about 25 minutes.
Let them cool before trying to remove them from the muffin tins or you might end up with some burning hot meatloaf juice on your arms. Just saying…it can happen.
After the Muffin Tin Mushroom Meatloaf muffins have cooled a bit, remove them from the tins, add a but of ketchup on tip and sprinkle with some parsley.
Then, serve them up with your favorite sides!
Let’s Talk About Texture
I wanted to take a second to mention the texture of these meatloaf muffins. Because if the ground turkey that’s added to these meatloaves, they are a bit softer and smoother in texture than tradition meatloaf.
They are still amazing and flavorful but I just wanted to let you know before you made them. 🙂
- Can I use all beef instead of using any turkey.
- Can I leave the mushrooms out?
- I don’t have a giant muffin pan, can I bake these in a regular muffin pan.
You can! 🙂 You’ll just have more than 12.
More Ground Beef Dinner Recipes that you’ll love:
- Air Fryer Stuffed Cheeseburger Sliders
- Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet – Homemade Hamburger Helper
- Pimento Cheese Stuffed Burger
More Easy Weeknight Recipes to make:
- Roasted Smoked Bratwurst and Summer Squash
- Cheesy Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- Garden Market Chicken
Need a meatloaf recipes that’s guaranteed to be gluten free? Try this Gluten Free Meatloaf recipe from ThisMamaCook.com
If you’re looking for more Meatloaf recipes, check out this post with 10 of the best Meatloaf recipes around
Muffin Tin Mushroom Meatloaf
- 16 ounces white button mushrooms. finely diced
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 egg, beaten
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup oats
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- chopped parsley for garnish if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine everything else in recipe, EXCEPT the ketchup & parsley.
- Add in mushrooms once cooled and mix until everything is very well combines.
- *Hands are the best tools for mixing meat loaf)
- Spray a large muffin tin with non cooking spray or line with foil squares.
- Add 2 ice cream scoops worth of mixture to each muffin tin.
- Bake in preheat oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Once cool spread 1/2 tablespoon of ketchup onto top of each meat loaf and sprinkle with parsley
Serving Size:1 large muffin or 1 small muffins
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 216mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 23g
I love to see what your cooking from the blog!
Love it? Pin it!