So we didn’t go see American Sniper. I know I said we were going to but we decided to wait and rent it once it came out on DVD. I think that we were both a little hesitant and I personally think it would be better for BigBear to watch it at home anyways, you know instead of a huge, packed, crowed, loud theater. Yeah….totally waiting to watch it at home.
Other than that, hummm what’s been going on around here…
We’ve got about a month until we’re headed to Disney! Our cousins are going on a Disney Cruise next week so that’s got my Disney excitement pushed to the front of my mind! haha I literally think about our trip every day and since she’s so excited about their cruise it’s making me even more excited about our trip to Disney World!
That’s how I am with travel. I decide to go on a trip and then I literally plan out details and think about it every SINGLE freakin day until we leave. It drives me insane but I love it. (I’m sure it also drives everyone else insane because I want to talk about it 24/7) Sorry…not sorry. 😉
On to other things….
BigBear and I have developed an obsession with Vampire Diaries. We’ve pretty much been binge watching episodes in the evenings, on Netflix, after work. It’s awesome but it also makes me want to rip my hair out.
Like the other night I literally had to tell BigBear to turn off the TV because my head was getting ready to explode from watching endless hours of Vampire Diaries every evening.
Thankfully we’ve broken it up a little bit over the past few evenings and watched a few episodes of Agent Carter, Sleepy Hollow and American Horror Story. But, Oh my word, y’all don’t even understand. I am not a TV person, so this much TV is a crazy, insane amount for me. I’m loving the shows but sitting still that long to watch them is sending my anxiety into overdrive.
You know what else has my anxiety up? Life! haha Office work, blog work, events, dinners, gym time, tanning (yes, I NEED it so I don’t burn in the sun), healthy eating, cooking healthy foods, drinking water, drinking enough water, drinking too much water, caving and eating junk, misery for eating junk, holidays coming up (Anniversary! woot woot), deadlines, trips coming up, bank accounts, bills, cleaning, housework, family and friend obligations….ahhhhhhh make it all stop or at least slow down. K?! haha Sometimes I totally feel like a hamster running on a wheel and getting nowhere. Please tell me I’m not the only one.
Oh and ps. I’m totally loving listening to my Spotify playlist of rap music from my high school days… don’t judge me. I kind of miss being 16. Cool Cars, Awesome Music and No Responsibility. haha.
Geez, after all of that you need some food right? Of course you do!
- The alfredo (in my opinion) is super rich but totally delicious. BigBear said it was perfect.
- After this sits in the fridge it does get rather thick. I find that a splash of milk or cream before re-heating helps!
- The cajun andouille sausage that I buy is already cooked so I just have to heat it but if you buy sausage that isn’t fully cooked, allow time to cook it throughout.
Sausage and Spinach Alfredo
This creamy Sausage and Spinach Alfredo always gets rave reviews when friends and family make it! It's so easy and so delicious!
- 12 ounces cajun andouille sausage
- 3 large hand fulls of fresh spinach
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons white pepper (or black pepper)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 sticks of butter (1 cup)
- 16 ounces shell pasta
- Olive Oil
- Grated Parmesan for garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta in a large pot filled with salted water. Bring pasta to a boil and cook for 12-15 minutes or until pasta is done. Drain and pour back into pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the andouille sausage to a skillet with a little olive oil and cook over medium heat until browned and heated throughout. I cook mine for about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove andouille sausage from pan and set aside. Once cool enough to handle, cut the andouille sausage into coins.
- For the Alfredo sauce, add the butter and heavy cream to a sauce pan or skillet. Add in the paprika, pepper and garlic. Whisk together. Heat over medium to high heat until hot.
- Add grated Parmesan and whisk until melted. Raise the heat until the sauce starts to boil and then turn the heat off. Whisk well. Sauce should thicken as the cheese melts but won't be super thick.
- Add in the spinach and stir. Spinach will wilt due to the heat of the sauce.
- Add the sausage to the drained pasta.
- Once the spinach is wilted, pour the alfredo sauce into the pasta and toss to coat.
Leave a Comment