This Almond,Shrimp and Feta Pasta Salad is a light but filling pasta salad that’s perfect for a main dish or side dish!
This Post is Sponsored by Dreamfields Pasta.
My husband has never been a big lover of Pasta Salad but he’s actually a huge fan of this one! I think it’s because this one is a fantastic olive oil and balsamic vinegar based dish!
And the shrimp? Well I would have never thought to put that into pasta salad but when I was down in Wilmington the other weekend, a friend of Toni’s dropped off some pasta salad with baby shrimp in it and I thought that was the best idea ever! I gave it a try and added tiny shrimp to this pasta salad and fell in love!
I love pasta salads in the summer because it’s normally so hot that I’m always craving cold food!
Speaking of summer and food…..
So How does the “Pastapalooza V Market Basket Challenge to Help Fight Hunger” work?Here is how this Challange Works: Dreamfields is going to be hosting “basket cooking challanges” throughout the summer! We were given a list of ingredients in a “Market Basket” (plus up to 2 of our choice) to create an outstanding pasta dish! Then, our fans must vote! Vote for the recipe that you like the best (psst vote for this one!! haha)! You can cast one vote per day for the recipe of your choice. While there are many of these challenges going on this summer, the Gourmet Basket Challenge is the one I’m participating in and the voting will last one week!
Almond,Shrimp and Feta Pasta Salad
- 1 box Dreamfields Penne Rigate
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 12 ounces extra small shrimp, cooked and peeled (defrost if frozen)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrots (or rainbow carrots)
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Place pasta in large bowl; set aside.
2. In small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of the oil and the balsamic vinegar. Add to pasta; toss to coat well.
3. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add almonds; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add fennel seed; cook and stir 2 minutes. Transfer to medium bowl; set aside.
4. Add shrimp and carrots to skillet. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked.
5. Add shrimp and reserved almond mixture to pasta; toss to coat well. Add apricots and feta; toss gently to combine. Serve immediately or chilled.
Nutrition information (1/6 of recipe): 630 calories; 25 g protein; 63 g carbohydrates; 34 g total fat; 6 g saturated fat; 110 mg cholesterol; 620 mg sodium; 9 g total dietary fiber.