These Chocolate-Stuffed Snickerdoodles are the perfect cookie for any occasion! This homemade classic snickerdoodle stuffed with chocolate is sure to be a new favorite!
Want recipes delivered right to your inbox? Sign up here! Sometimes I even send out free e-cookbooks too!
LOVE IT? PIN IT!
If you love the classic snickerdoodle cookie and you’re a chocolate lover then I’ve got the perfect cookie for you! These Chocolate-Stuffed Snickerdoodles combine two sweet treats and they’re great for holiday baking!
Of course you can bake these anytime of year but they’d be perfect for a Christmas cookie exchange party!
What you’ll need for Chocolate-Stuffed Snickerdoodles: (amounts below in recipe)
- ground cinnamon
- Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- butter, softened
- all-purpose flour
- chocolate nuggets, unwrapped (or Hershey kisses)
The original recipe calls for chocolate nugget candies but I used chocolate kisses because that’s what I had on hand.
I love cookbooks and when Betty Crocker reached out and asked if I’d like a copy of BETTY CROCKER COOKIES: Irresistibly Easy Recipes for Any Occasion, I said YES! It’s just a beautiful dessert cookbook and I loved flipping through the pages and checking out all of the cookie recipes.
Cookies are one of my favorite treats to bake during the holidays so this book is going to come in handy over the next few weeks.
I picked these Chocolate-Stuffed Snickerdoodles because my husband loves snickerdoodles and these didn’t’ disappoint!
I also asked if Betty Crocker would be interested in offering one of these Cookie cookbooks as a giveaway to my readers and they said that they would love to!
YAY! So one lucky reader (hopefully YOU) will in a copy of this cookbook below. You can find the giveaway at the end of this post below the recipe.
Looking for more cookie to bake? Try these:
- Cheesecake Stuffed Pumpkin Cookies
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Hummingbird Cookies
- Turtle Shortbread Cookies
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 pouch (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- About 18 milk chocolate nuggets, unwrapped (or Hershey kisses)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon.
- Remove 2 tablespoons of mixture to second small bowl; reserve.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, flour and egg with spoon until soft dough forms. Shape dough into 1 ½ -inch circle.
- Press 1 chocolate into center of each cookie, making sure to form dough around chocolate to enclose; reshape into balls.
- Roll in remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- On ungreased large cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Discard sugar-cinnamon mixture after rolling balls.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are set and light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
- Sprinkle reserved 2 tablespoons sugar-cinnamon mixture on tops of warm cookies. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Best if served warm.
WHY IT WORKS: Take the time to seal all cracks when forming the dough around the chocolate so that none of it leaks out during baking.
HOW TO STORE: Store these surprise Snickerdoodles in a tightly covered container.
Chocolate-Stuffed Snickerdoodles is excerpted from Betty Crocker Cookies © 2019 by General Mills. Photography © 2019 by General Mills Photography Studios and Image Library. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 Cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 8ggSaturated Fat: 4.5ggTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 20mgmgSodium: 105mgmgCarbohydrates: 26ggProtein: 2gg
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from Betty Crocker to winner, Big Bear’s Wife is not responsible for prize. This giveaway runs from December 4th- December 11th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
I love to see what your cooking from the blog!
Love it? Pin it!