This quick and easy homemade Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Butter will soon become your favorite spread for just about everything. Combine dark chocolate and cinnamon with butter to create the most amazing compound butter. Perfect for breakfast croissants, pancakes, waffles and biscuits.
Want recipes delivered right to your inbox? Sign up here! You’ll get a free e-cookbooks too!
Yes, this is a recipe for chocolate butter! It’s actually a recipe for Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Butter but it’s still chocolate butter. Perfect for homemade rolls, biscuits, cinnamon rolls and more.
While it’s probably not a butter that you would have every morning or evening, I do think it’s a fun dessert butter to serve once in a while.
What you need for Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Butter: (amounts in recipe)
- unsalted butter
- Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- dark cocoa powder
- ground cinnamon
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Butter FAQ
1. Should the butter be soft? Yes! To turn regular butter into a chocolate cinnamon butter you’ll need for the butter to be soft. This way it’ll be easy to mix the butter with the chocolate and the cinnamon. I just put the butter out to sit and rest for a bit to come to room temperature before mixing it.
2. What kind of chocolate should I use for this butter? When I make this dessert butter, I use semi-sweet chocolate chips and dark cocoa powder. You could also use all dark chocolate or milk chocolate as well for this.
3. Should this butter be placed in the fridge? Yes, you should store this butter in the fridge just like you would regular butter. I like to let it come to room temperature though before using it because I love the way it spreads when it’s soft. It almost spreads like a chocolate spread which is fantastic!
Bread recipes to make for this butter:
More butter recipes to make:
Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Butter
I MADE THIS RECIPE FOR DIXIE CRYSTALS AND THEY’VE GOT THE ENTIRE RECIPE POSTED ON THEIR SITE.
I love to see what your cooking from the blog!
Love it? Pin it!