This Easy Instant Pot Lasagna Pasta is a “toss together, stir and cook” type of recipe. Everything is cooked in the Instant Pot, but I love to broil the cheese in the oven to finish it off!
LOVE IT? PIN IT!
Who else got an Instant Pot for Christmas? Thomas (my husband) bought me one and I’ve been using it almost every day since I unwrapped in on Christmas Eve! To be honest, I thought that this would be one of those “Use every so often” types of appliances that we’d all been known to buy but we’ve gotten a lot of use out of it already!
So far I’ve used it to make, Lasagna Pasta, Pork Loins, Hard Boiled Eggs (all the time!!!), venison tenderloins, chicken wings and vegetable soup. Ooo and Potato soup is on the menu for tonight, so we’ll see how that turns out.
“….we’ve already made this pasta 3 times and I’ve made 2 more variations of it too!”
I’ve actually made this Easy Instant Pot Lasagna Pasta 3 times already, it’s just that darn easy to make and it makes enough for us to have left overs in the fridge for lunch and dinner the next day.
This Easy Instant Pot Lasagna Pasta is a recipe that I adapted from the Instant Pot Cookbook that my mom got me for Christmas. It’s one of the first recipes that I made in my Instant Pot! Since then, I also switched it up and made a ham & pepperoni Instant Pot Lasagna as well, which might make an appearance on the blog at some point.
You might be asking, why I used Bow Tie Pasta in this recipe instead of Lasagna Noodles. Well this answer is simple, there we’re any! That’s right, none to be found!
When we first decided to make this Easy Instant Pot Lasagna Pasta, we went to the store in search of everything we needed. Two stores and no lasagna noodles. Everyone must have been making lasagna for the Holidays because the shelves where empty.
That’s when I decided on Bow Tie Pasta. It’s got the little ruffled ends like lasagna and I could mix it into the recipe in the Instant Pot without having to break it up. I also remembered my Skillet Lasagna recipe also uses Bow Tie Pasta, so I knew it would work perfectly.
Now I’ll also say that the last step of the recipe is totally optional but I prefer it this way. When you get done with your Easy Instant Pot Lasagna Pasta in the Instant Pot, you can serve it as is, OR toss it into a baking dish, top it with mozzarella cheese and stick it under the broiler in your oven for a few minutes to melt the cheesy on top! I think that this makes it feel way more like lasagna!
- I use a 6 quart Instant Pot for all of my Instant Pot recipes.
- I used Bow Tie Pasta but you can use any type of pasta that you want to use
- It’s delicious the day you make it, but I think it’s even better when reheated the next day and it stands up like a slice and serve lasagna after being in the fridge
- You don’t have to put it under the broiler to finish it but we love it that way
- When you first take the lid off of the Instant Pot when it’s done cooking, you’re going to think there is too much liquid! Don’t worry, after you stir in the ricotta and mozzarella cheese and place everything under the broiler it will thicken.
- The pasta dish might look curdled as you’re stirring in the ricotta cheese, don’t worry, that’s just how it looks when you’re stirring it in.
Easy Instant Pot Lasagna Pasta
I love to see what your cooking from the blog!
Easy Instant Pot Lasagna Pasta
THIS IS A…
Love it? Pin it!