These Jack Skellington Biscuit Donuts are made with canned biscuits and fried until golden brown, before being decorated to look like Disney’s Jack Skellington with frosting.
Want recipes delivered right to your inbox? Sign up here! Sometimes I even send out free e-cookbooks too!
Such an easy and fun biscuit donut recipe that’s perfect for Halloween and great for decorating with kids!
These doughnuts are quickly fried and we use canned frosting to decorate this donut to look like Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Ingredients For Jack Skellington Biscuit Donuts:
- Canned Biscuits
- Vegetable Oil
- Powdered Sugar
- White Canned Frosting
- Chocolate Frosting
- Black Food Coloring
Ingredient amounts and entire recipe directions in recipe card below with print option!
What Should I Fry My Donuts In?
I use a cast iron dutch oven and vegetable oil to fry biscuit donuts.
How To Make Jack Skellington Biscuit Donuts:
- If you’re wondering how to fry biscuit donuts, you’ve come to the right place.
Add about 6 cups of vegetable oil to a large dutch oven type pot and heat on medium heat until the temperature reaches 350F.
I use this digital thermometer.
Lay out your canned biscuit dough.
Once oil reached 350F. Drop 1 or 2 biscuits into the hot oil.
Cook for 45 seconds and then flip.
Use a chopstick or skewer to flip the donut and fry for another 45 seconds.
Use a slotted spoon to transfer the fried donuts to a paper towel lined cooling rack.
Sprinkle hot donuts with powdered sugar.
Let donuts cool completely.
Then spread white frosting over donuts.
I tired to microwave the white frosting to make sort of a vanilla donut glaze for these at first that batch just didn’t work out well. So I wouldn’t suggest that option.
Mix chocolate icing with a few drops of black food coloring.
Fill a piping bag with the black frosting and pipe a Jack Skellington face onto the donut.
Why Are We Sprinkling With These Donuts With Powdered Sugar?
These semi homemade donuts are made with biscuit dough, so adding a little powdered sugar to them as soon as they come out of the fryer gives them a sweeter taste.
What Does Jack Skellington Look Like?
Jack Skellington is a skeleton. He had two dark hallow circle, eyes, a stitched looking mouth and little nose slits.
Can I Make Homemade Donuts Instead of Using Canned Biscuits?
Absolutely! I have a recipe for Homemade Boston Cream Doughnuts here and if you don’t want them to be filled with cream, you can skip that part of the recipe.
You could also bake donuts for these Halloween donuts.
More Jack Skellington Recipes:
- Jack Skellington Rice Krispie Treats
- Jack Skellington Dessert Cheese Ball
- Jack Skellington Macarons
- Jack Skellington Apple Slices
- Jack Skellington Oreo Pops
More Donut Recipes:
Jack Skellington Biscuit Donut Recipe
Jack Skellington Biscuit Donuts
These Jack Skellington Biscuit Donuts are made with canned biscuits and fried until golden brown, before being decorated to look like Disney's Jack Skellington with frosting.
- 1 Can Biscuits
- 6 cups Vegetable Oil
- Powdered Sugar
- 1 can white frosting
- 1 can chocolate frosting
- Black Food Coloring
- Add about 6 cups of vegetable oil to a large dutch oven type pot and heat on medium heat until the temperature reaches 350F.
- Lay out canned biscuit dough.
- Once oil reached 350F. Drop 1 or 2 biscuits into the hot oil. Cook for 45 seconds and then flip.
- Use a chopstick or skewer to flip the donut and fry for another 45 seconds.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the fried donuts to a paper towel lined cooling rack. Sprinkle hot donuts with powdered sugar.
- Let donuts cool completely.
- Then spread white frosting over donuts.
- Mix chocolate icing with a few drops of black food coloring.
- Fill a piping bag with the black frosting and pipe a Jack Skellington face onto the donut.
When making black frosting, use chocolate frosting as the base so you don't have to use so much black food coloring.
If you make this recipe, leave me a comment or snap a picture and share it on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter with the hashtag #bigbearswife — I love to see what you’re cooking from the blog!
Welcome to 2022’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event!
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife . This event is an online, week-long event that is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats and recipes from some fantastic Halloween loving bloggers!
For this years 5th annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 20 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! You can following the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media to collect all of these frightful recipes to use at your own Halloween parties and events!
Make Sure to check out all of the fun Halloween recipes that we’re sharing this week!
Check out all of these great #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes for today
- Jack Skellington Biscuit Donuts from Big Bear’s Wife
- Easiest Halloween Cookies Ever from SemiHomemade Recipes
- Halloween Sangria from Fresh April Flours
- Chocolate Truffle Spider Cheesecake Bites from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Witches Hat Cookies from Best Cookie Recipes
- Easy Monster Cake from Pastry Chef Online
- Pumpkin Patch Spice Cake from Jen Around the World
Leave a Comment