This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This Mermaid Pineapple RumDum will make you feel like you’re hanging out on the beach and after a few you might feel like you’re swimming with mermaids! It’s got pineapple rum and vanilla rum mixed plus it’s topped with extra pineapple! For an extra kick, soak the pineapple pieces in rum for a few days beforehand!
“This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine. This recipe is for adults 21 and older and does contain alcohol.”
It’s hard to please my tastebuds when it comes to alcohol. I’ve never been a “drink whatever I can” kind of girl. So if I’m going to drink a cocktail then I need it to taste really good or it needs to just go away.
I’m normally a Jager and Crandberry Juice drinker when I do order a drink but during our last beach trip I was introduced to a pineapple rumdum and I fell in love. It was a pretty smooth drink and didn’t really kick you in the face with alcohol (unless you ate the rum soaked pineapple on top).
So, I decided to recreate it when I got home and this Mermaid Pineapple RumDum is what I came up with. It’s not exactly like the RumDum we had at the beach but it’s pretty close.
What you need to make Mermaid Pineapple RumDums:
- 3 ounces pineapple juice
- pineapple rum
- vanilla rum
- blue curacao
(full recipe below)
First, start off by mixing the pineapple juice and both rums in a cup or glass.
Then in another cup, mix together the blue curacao and water.
Why mix the blue curacao and water?
You don’t HAVE to do this step. However, when I was trying these out, when I mixed the blue curacao with water before adding it to the pineapple juice rum mixture it semi layered and them gradually swirled together to create a pretty drink.
When I just poured the blue curacao into the pineapple juice it turned a unappetizing green sludge color haha
I also helps to pour the blue curacao and water mixture directly on top of an ice cube when adding it in so that it slowly blends.
My bartending skills as far as making the drinks looks picture perfect are rusty haha. The girl that made us the RumDums at Holden beach layered them perfectly! I’ll keep working on my skills but as far as tasty…. this Mermaid Pineapple RumDum is a new favorite of mine!
Mermaid Pineapple RumDum
- 3 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 ounce pineapple rum
- 1 ounce vanilla rum
- 1/4 ounce blue curacao
- 1 ounce water
Mix pineapple juice and both rum in a glass and stir.
Mix together blue curacao and water in another glass and stir.
Fill a 6 oz glass with ice. Pour in pineapple rum mixture first and then carefully pour blue curacao mixture over ice to slightly mix colors.
Love it? Pin it!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Mermaid Pineapple RumDum from Big Bear’s Wife
Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts:
- Cotton Candy Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Drumstick Layered Dessert from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mermaid Milkshakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mojito Popsicles from The Spiffy Cookie
- Fried Ice Cream Cake from Cookaholic Wife
- Unicorn Milkshake from For The Love of Food
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Mojito Cupcakes from Jen Around the World
- Pina Colada Cupcakes from The Beard and The Baker
- Lemonade Cupcakes from The Domestic Kitchen
- Summer Sangria Cake from A Blender Mom
- Lemon Meringue Cheesecake Cupcakes from Doughmesstic
- Sunflower Cupcakes from Home Sweet Homestead
- Easy Pina Colada Poke Cake from Love and Confections
- Classic Vanilla Cupcakes + Summer Cupcake Decorating from Books n’ Cooks
- Almond Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream Frosting from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Peach Upside Down Cake from Home Sweet Homestead
- Jam Breakfast Cake with Streusel from Shockingly Delicious
- Summer Berry Cupcakes with Lemon Icing from Nancie’s Table
No Bake Treats:
- Million Dollar Bar Pies from Fake Ginger
- Blackberry Cream Cheese Dessert from Eat Move Make
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake from Cooking With Carlee
- S’mores Cheesecake from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Strawberry Cheesecake Shortbread Bars from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Drumstick Babka from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Raspberry Lemon Brownies from Sweet Beginnings
- Peach Streusel Crumb Bars from Blogghetti
- White Tea Peach Panna Cotta from Palatable Pastime
- Homemade Strawberry Swirl Marshmallow from My Sweet Zepol
- Blueberry Lemonade Lollipops from Our Good Life
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
GIVEAWAY IS OVER.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.