This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Please tell me that you’ve gotten out and enjoyed the beautiful weather that we’ve been having lately! (Hope it’s beautiful where you are because it’s been wonderful here!) We’ve had way to much cold and yuckiness, I need sunshine in my life! Today was one of those beautiful days that just screams that spring is right on top of us!
Big Bear went out and worked on our flowerbeds today and I opened all of the windows in the house and cleaned from top to bottom. I’ll take a few more days/weeks like this please!
Along with beautiful weather, these last few weeks have brought on another chapter in the Barrett household. We’re really stepping it up this time and actually, truthfully working on our eating habits.
No more diets, no more cutting out carbs or whatever, no more aiming to loose weight. Our goal?
Eat better, be healthy, stay active and anything that comes from that in the form of weight loss is just a huge bonus.
So far we’ve done pretty good. We’re eating a ton of vegetables and we’ve been adding more protein to our diets. I’m also snacking on fruits and I love having them in the house now.
BigBear still isn’t to much into the fruits but I hope that we can change that! Hey, I’ve gotten him to eat broccoli and spinach haha, I should be able to get him to eat some fruit, right? I mean come on, what’s not to love about blackberries, strawberries, bananas and kiwis!!
Plus the bright colors of these fruits just scream “SPRING!!” to me. Foods like fruit make me WANT to eat healthy. Like my friend Anne keeps telling me when it comes to junk food, “It’s easier to say “I don’t want” that than to say “I can’t have that”. I am finding that so true. I am finding that I am looking at candy and sweets and saying “I don’t want that” and looking at fruits and saying ” I do want that!” It’s a great feeling too.
I’m still working on recipes and whatnot but there will be a change going on around the blog too, since I do blog about what we eat. I’m seeing less junk on the blog and more yummy “good for you” recipes in my future.
Now, I’m not saying that I want to totally give up everything, but we’re just going to be changing the way we view food from now on. I have noticed that with eating better that when I do eat junk that my body flips out. So I might be giving up more than I want to haha. My body is rebelling against junk now. Ahhh what will become of my chocolate addiction. I’ve already banished diet sodas lol.
Ps. I think that blackberry and kiwi is my new favorite fruit combination!
Green and Spring Dishes Menu Includes:
- Baked Eggs with Shaved Asparagus and Proscuitto by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Shrimp and Leek Quiche by Gourmet Drizzles
- Spinach and Cheddar Quiche for St. Patrick’s Day Brunch by Supper For A Steal
- Asparagus and Spring Onion Frittatta by Country Girl in the Village
- Egg Bake with Spring Onions, Asparagus and Artichokes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Apps, Bread, Salads, Soups and Dressings:
- Gluten Free Irish Soda Bread by The Meltaways
- Strawberry, Avocado, Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette by Daily Dish Recipes
- Asparagus Gazpacho by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Spinach Bacon Salad by In The Kitchen with Audrey
- Anchovy and Egg Salad by Pescetarian Journal
- Sweet and Sour Cabbage Soup by Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Asparagus Red Pepper Salad by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- White Asparagus & Salmon Spring Salad by Family Foodie
- Chicken-Strawberry Field Green Salad w/Strawberry Balsamic Dressing by The Weekend Gourmet
- Bacon & Egg Spring Salad by Daddy Knows Less
- Green Garbanzo Hummus by Soni’s Food
Main and Sides:
- Pea Shoot Risotto by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta by Juanita’s Cocina
- Sweet Ginger Scallion Noodles by What Smells So Good?
- Asparagus Pesto w/Heirloom Fingerlings and Orecchiette by Webicurean
- Coddle for St. Patrick’s Day by Noshing With The Nolands
- Corned Beef Cabbage Rolls by Curious Cuisiniere
- Brown Butter Brussels Sprouts with Gruyère and Hazelnuts by Hip Foodie Mom
- Raw Cucumber Sandwich with Avocado and Spinach Sauce by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Berry Tacos by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Asparagus and Prosciutto Bundles by Diabetic Foodie
- Caramelized Grapes and Brie Whole Wheat Galette by Vintage Kitchen
- Pink Water Kimchi (Nabak Kimchi) by Kimchi Mom
- Key Lime Cheesecake by The Foodie Army Wife
- Irish Coffee Ice Cream with Caramel Whiskey Sauce by 30A Eats
- Coconut Raspberry Layer Cake by Gotta Get Baked
- Fresh Mango Berry Mousse With Coconut Cream by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Chocolate Mint Brownies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Sorbet by Magnolia Days
- Cadbury Creme Egg Pull-Apart Sweet Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Meyer Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Lemon Roll Cake by The Ninja Baker
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Candied Flowers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Lemon Citrus Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Mini Fruit Tarts by Big Bear’s Wife
- Faux Fried Ice Cream by Neighborfood
- Watergate Salad by Cupcakes and Pearls Blog
- Good-for-You Strawberry Tiramisu Cheesecake Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Guinness Beer Milkshake by The Urban Mrs
- Wines to Pair with Springtime #SundaySupper Dishes by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join us every Sunday on twitter for our weekly #SundaySupper chat that starts at 7PM EST! We’ve got so much to share with you! Won’t you pull up a chair? 🙂
I’m linking to Tidy Mom’s I’m Loving It Link Party!