These Shortcut Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls are stuffed with summer ripe strawberries and make using refrigerated cinnamon roll dough for a shortcut berry filled treat!
The weekend of the Farmer’s Market opening is the signal that summer days are on the way. People from all over the city pour into the farmer’s market on Saturday mornings now, shuffling across the old wooden floors, scanning the local vendors for summer produce and locally baked good.
Friends in Florida and New Orleans have been enjoying sweet strawberries for a while now but they’re just starting to come into season around here.
I’m a little jealous y’all. 😉
So you know what that means?
That means that we get up extra early on Saturdays now so that we can make it over to the Farmer’s Market as soon as it opens so that we can get our hands on the fresh strawberries that sunbathing in little white baskets on the back of pick up trucks waiting to be taken home!
Little Jax has even fallen in love with strawberries. He might look like a mess when he’s done enjoying them but he goes crazy when he sees me getting them ready for him. He’s teething right now, so I freeze a few for him to knaw on inside of his mesh teether too. They’re perfect. He’s perfect. …oops…sorry, I got off track.
Let’s talk about these Shortcut Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls, mmk?
We picked up a few baskets of freshly picked strawberries on Saturday and while we do snack on them and freeze some for smoothies, sometimes we go a little over board with buying them and need to find ways to use them up before they go bad.
I’ve already made my favorite No Churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream for the freezer and Sunday we enjoyed Strawberry Shortcakes with a homemade strawberry sauce, so that used up quite a few of our berries. However, I had more to use.
I was thinking about shortcut easy recipes that I could make with them and though of my shortcut fruit cinnamon rolls! I’ve shared the blueberry recipe that we love, so I thought that today might be a great day to share the strawberry version with y’all!
Maybe y’all are looking for ways to use up those strawberries that you grabbed from the farmer’s market too!
Let’s make these Shortcut Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls a tradition, y’all. A start off the summer on the right foot and celebrate strawberry season kind of tradition.
I know we are!
- I love using super ripe strawberries for these rolls. If you have time, let the strawberries sit on the counter for a day or so before you make these.
- I use the giant Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls for these shortcut fruit rolls when I make them. You can use smaller ones but my measurements and baking times are based on the giant rolls.
- 45 minutes – YES, if you bake them for 20 minutes like the roll package says, you’ll end up with soggy, raw rolls when you’re baking them with berries.
- You don’t HAVE to use the powdered sugar in this recipe. However, since I use super ripe berries when I use this, I find that the sugar soaks up a tad of the juices.
- The Cream Cheese extract that I use is also not required but I love it. You can find it online but I’ve seen it at Walmart in the cake decorating section.