This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A refreshing watermelon cocktail spiked with a bit of rum and sweetened with honey! This adult Spiked Watermelon Honey Juice goes down smooth and it super easy to make!
Want recipes delivered right to your inbox? Sign up here! Sometimes I even send out free e-cookbooks too!
LOVE IT? PIN IT!
You won’t find me in the bar crowd but from time to time I do make myself a cocktail at home. I’m pretty picking when it comes to drinks so when I find one I like, I normally add it to my very small list of taste-bud acceptable drinks. haha. My Mermaid RumDum and a Jager with Cranberry top the list but this Rum Spiked Watermelon Juice is super close at the top as well!
What you’ll need to make Spiked Watermelon Honey Juice:
- Fresh Watermelon Juice
(full recipe below)
Fresh Watermelon Juice or Bottled?
I love fresh watermelon juice for this recipe but bottled will work too. If you want to use fresh, here are a few helpful tips on picking the best watermelon.
HOW TO PICK A WATERMELON
No one wants a flavorless watermelon! Here are some tips on picking the best summer watermelon:
- Check for a hollow sound! – Ripe watermelons should have a hollow thud sound to them when you tap on them.
- Find the yellow spot! – Ripe watermelons should have a yellow spot on the bottoms. This yellow spot means that the watermelon has been able to ripen in the sun while in the field. The bigger the yellow spot the longer it was on the vine to ripen.
- Firm outside – The outside of a ripe watermelon should be firm, if it’s soft that means that the watermelon is starting to rot.
- Shiny is good for Photos but Dull it tastier – Sure we all want that super pretty watermelon but did you know that the shiny watermelons let you know that they’re under ripe with their shine.
- Heavy Hitter – pick the heavy watermelon from the bunch. If all of the melons are about the same size, try to find the heaviest watermelon in the bunch. If it’s heavy then it’s full of juice!
- Dark Green is better! – yes, we want that yellow field spot on our watermelon but we also want the rest of the watermelon to have dark green stripes. Lighter stripes can mean an under ripe melon.
About 2.5 cups of cubed watermelon in a blender will give you enough juice for think drink
Fresh Watermelon juice is better but bottled will work too.
More fun cocktails to make:
Spiked Watermelon Honey Juice
Mix everything together in a glass and serve chilled. about 2.5 cups of cubed watermelon in a blender will give you enough juice for think drink
Mix everything together in a glass and serve chilled.
about 2.5 cups of cubed watermelon in a blender will give you enough juice for think drink
I love to see what your cooking from the blog!
Love it? Pin it!