It’s the 19th of October and my house is fully decorated for Halloween. Ok, I take that back. It’s almost fully decorated! I still have to put up and “Bats and Spider Webs” before our Halloween Party but other than that it’s done.
I’ve got Tombstones in the flowerbed, “The Witch is in” flag, “Witches Property” Sign on the mailbox, my Halloween wreath on the door, a witch in the window, pumpkins on the porch and a Wizard of Oz showdown happening in the front window. And that’s only the outside…
Inside, I have candles everywhere, pumpkins in different spots, a “Halloween Menu” on the wall, Spooky owls on the mirrors and fall flowers everywhere. Before our Halloween party, I’ll put the bats on the ceiling and the spider webs in the corners. I’m pretty sure that at the rate I’m going with the witch theme my neighbors will soon be flocking to the yard with their pitch forks and torches. And if I keep up with the Halloween decorating, my husband will probably be out there with them haha.
I can’t help it. We haven’t lived in a house right on a main road in almost 5 years, I HAVE to decorate haha. I just have to! Plus I love Halloween. It’s always been one of my favorites. Pretty much everything between October and December makes my heart smile.
October 31st is the last day of our October Healthy Eating Challenge and then we’re having a little family Halloween Party on the 2nd. (Yes, I know it’s after Halloween and I don’t care)
While our challenge will be over I still want to make some of the foods for the party fit into what BigBear and I have been doing over the past few weeks. I wont be eating 100% “clean” after our challenge but I will be eating a lot better and I don’t want to fall back into ALL of those bad eating habits!
I’ll be making these Sweet & Sour Garlic Chicken Wings for our party and calling them “Bat Wings”. I plan on giving all of the food “Halloween” names.
For the brown sugar in this recipe. if you’re doing a clean eating challenge or just eating clean use Coconut Sugar. I works just as well as the brown sugar in this recipes. (I used coconut sugar but know that a lot of people will have brown sugar on hand instead) If you want to use coconut sugar, I find it at Walmart in the sugar section!
For this weeks #SundaySupper our theme is ” Sauce It Up!” So What better recipes than baked chicken wings with a sweet and sour garlic sauce?! Sweet from the honey and sour from the lemon, we devoured these little wings!
Happy Haunting! Check out all of the spooky Halloween recipes and crafts on this website!!
Sweet and Sour Garlic Chicken Wings
- Port Wine and Fig Sauce from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Jalepeno Cranberry Sauce from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Homemade Steak Sauce from Juanita’s Cocina
- Tomato Kasundi from What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Tartar Sauce from The Foodie Army Wife
- Creamy Dairyfree Mushroom Sauce from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Homemade Teriyaki Sauce from Curious Cuisiniere
- Red Wine Sauce | Molho de Vinho Tinto from Family Foodie
- Guava BBQ Sauce from Basic N Delicious
Pasta Sauces and Pastas with Sauce
- Chardonnay Seafood Sauce (with Linguine) from Country Girl in the Village
- Italian-Style Tomato Sauce from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Homemade Guiltless Alfredo Sauce from Momma’s Meals
- Sicilian Marinara Sauce from Growing Up Gabel
- Basil Pesto from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Angel Hair Pasta with Neapolitan Sauce from Cookin’ Mimi
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta Sauce from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Lentil Marinara Pasta Sauce from Alida’s Kitchen
- Lamb Ragout from Maroc Mama
- Black Walnut Kale Pesto with Zucchini Spaghetti from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Amatriciana Sauce from The Weekend Gourmet
Entreés with Sauces
- Chicken Tikka Masala from I Run For Wine
- Pork Tenderloin with Plum Sauce from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Garlic Mushrooms In Red Wine Sauce from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Jack Daniel’s Honey Barbecue Baked Wings from Chocolate Moosey
- Salmon with Homemade Caper Onion Mayonnaise from Food Lust People Love
- Chicken with Mushroom Demi-Glace from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Mrs. A’s Skillet Lemon Chicken from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Philly Strip Steaks with Provolone Sauce and Caramelized Onions from The Texan New Yorker
- Sweet & Sour Garlic Chicken Wings from Big Bear’s Wife
- Banana Pudding Sauce from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Raspberry Red Wine Sauce from Treats & Trinkets
- Pumpkin Applesauce from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Sauce from Daily Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Applesauce from Citronlimette
- Apple Cider Caramel Sauce from The Messy Baker
- Port Wine Cranberry Sauce from Webicurean
- Pumpkin Caramel Sauce from Noshing With The Nolands
Desserts with Sauces
- Sticky Toffee Pudding w/ Toffee Sauce from girlichef
- Salted Bourbon Caramel Sauce (over Chocolate Rosemary Cake) from Gotta Get Baked
- Pear Tatin with Rum Caramel Sauce from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Bananas Foster from MidLife Road Trip
- Baked Espresso Berry Pudding from The Urban Mrs
- Caramel Apple Sheet Cake from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → >Sunday Supper Movement.
I’m linking to Tidy Mom’s I’m Lovin’ it Party