This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This Tuscan White Bean Soup with Ham is packed full of Cannellini white beans and ham! It’s an easy soup that’s ready in under 45 minutes.
We need to relax a little more on the weekend. You’d think that the weekends automatically mean relaxation but that’s not the case around here. We need to take our weekend back!
Weekends should be for sleeping in, cozy afternoons on the couch by the fireplace and soups simmering on the stove.
Ok, so weekends during fall should DEMAND comforting soups simmering away on the stove. This should be a rule, no this should be the law!
Our leaves are fading from green and bursting into flames with vibrant reds and beautiful orange colors popping up everywhere.
The mornings are cold and crisp while our afternoons are warm and I literally want to snuggle up with my honey 24/7 this time of year.
We’re moved into our new place and I’m making some changes. I’m vowing to not work 24/7 and to be there and be present. I want memories of Thomas and I snuggled on the couch with our puppies watching movies instead of evenings behind a computer screen working myself to exhaustion.
I mean of course I’m still going to have to work…I’m just going to start setting better hours for myself.
Last night, we snuggled on the couch together and watched Vampire Diaries with our two pups snuggles up with us and it was wonderful.
We haven’t just snuggled and watched a show together without other distractions in forever.
It was perfect.
Now today was a bit hectic but that’s ok. Thomas has to work on Saturday mornings and I had a lot to get done but I put a pot of soup on this morning and let it simmer away while I gather up what I needed for the day.
I turned on ABC’s 13 days of Halloween shows and got to work.
But this evening we’re going to put away the electronics, take some time for us, visit Thomas’ parents for a bit and just unwind.
Because that’s what weekends are for, right?
Tuscan White Bean Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 ounces ham, cubed into bite sized pieces
- 3 (15.5 oz) cans Cannellini white beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 spring of fresh Rosemary
- 1 -2 cups fresh spinach
- Pepper and Salt (or no salt seasoning salt)
- In a large stock pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until garlic starts to brown. Add ham and stir.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the onion powder and stir. Pour in the Cannellini white beans and stir. Sautee and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth. Stir. Add in the sprig of rosemary and bring to a simmer.
- Cover half way and simmer for 30 minutes.
- With 10 minutes remaining on the timer add in the spinach and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper.