This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
It may have been a breezy 70 degrees today which made for perfect short sleeve weather in the middle of December but I’m not letting that drown my Christmas spirit. I’m finally getting into the Christmas mood and I won’t let anyone or anything get me down,
Across the road there are little white paper bag lanterns lining the road, sidewalks and river trail. When I was walking the dogs earlier the Christmas carolers where getting set up while a few of them were tuning musical instruments. Tonight they’ll be singing Christmas carols and having a light show on the trail down by the river. I was thinking about going but Thomas’ isn’t feeling well and I think I’ll just stay up in the apartment with him.
I’ve got the fireplace going and we’re catching up on “Vampire Diaries” and “The Originals” tonight. Perhaps I’ll stroll over there for just a few minutes tonight when I take the dogs out later.
Speaking of Christmas stuff, I’m thinking about walking over to main street tomorrow with my camera to capture a few of the Christmas decorations that have been arranged on the Victorian houses on Millionaires Row. It’s a bit of a walk from the apartment but not too far. At least I’ll get my steps in tomorrow! haha.
There is just something about those Victorian houses when they have the green pine branch wreaths and red ribbons on the windows and the beautiful candles in each one of the 20 windows. Oh the windows, have you seen a Victorian home with the candles lined up in the windows, they’re just beautiful.
So while I’m out and about tomorrow I’ll try to snap some pretty photos of them and bring them back for you, k? I’m really looking forward to going up to Main Street one night to take Christmas light photos but that’ll have to wait until Thomas can go with me. I’m not quite that brave haha.
But onto today’s recipe! White Chocolate Peppermint Puppy Chow is happening and you just kind of need to make this, like now. 🙂
It’s a little Christmas take on the “Muddy Buddy”/’Puppy Chow” that everyone around here has been making and eating their entire lives. Is it a southern thing? No, it can’t be. I mean they have to have puppy chow like this everywhere, right?
Ready for some more festive White Chocolate and Peppermint recipes? Grab these from the #12bloggers group this month!
Let me know in the comments. Have you had puppy chow/ muddy buddies? Have you made them?
They’re pretty much like tasty little pieces of sugar, peanut butter and chocolate with a dash of peppermint thrown into every bite!
- White Chocolate Peppermint Puppy Chow by Big Bear’s Wife
- White Chocolate Peppermint Christmas Popcorn Balls by Home Cooking Memories
- White Chocolate Peppermint Mousse by Cooking on the Front Burner
- White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Cheesecake Jars by Love Bakes Good Cakes
- White Chocolate Peppermint Mocktini by Thyme for Cocktails
- White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies by Bread Booze Bacon
- White Chocolate Peppermint Candy Bark by A Night Owl
- White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Candy by Pink Cake Plate
- White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Cookie Balls by I Love My Disorganized Life
- Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Dip by See Vanessa Craft
- White Peppermint Fudge Recipe by Around My Family Table