This first thing I thought about when this Apple Streusel Cobbler came out of the oven is that it’s almost exactly like the Apple Crumble Pie that I make. Apple Crumble Pie is my brother’s favorite dessert, well I don’t know if it’s his favorite…but it’s one of his favorites that I make.
Once when we lived in NC and he came to visit, I baked an Apple Crumble Pie for him and pulled it out of the oven just as they were arriving. He stood at the stove and ate the entire thing. HAHA. I have a feeling that he’ll love this Apple Streusel Cobbler just as much!
Between the apples, cinnamon and Streusel topping this dessert just screams FALL. Well at least it does to me. Baked Apples….I mean really…that’s Fall right there. Speaking of Fall, I am so excited about this Fall weather that we’ve been having. I can’t wait until I can start wearing hoodies! Hoodies and Flip Flops…. yep.. my kinda outfit. Are you getting into the Fall Flavors? I know I am 🙂
- 2 (21 oz) cans apple pie filling
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Pre-heat oven to 375F.
Lightly butter and 9-inch square baking dish, or spray with butter spray.
Pour apple pie filling into baking dish. Using a spatula, spread out filling to an even layer.
In a medium bowl, beat eggs, sweetened condensed milk, 1/4 cup melted butter, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour mixture over apple pie filling.
In another medium bowl, combine brown sugar and flour.
Mix in the cubed cold butter. Crumble with a fork or with your fingers. Add walnuts and mix together. Sprinkle mixture over the top of the cobbler.
Bake 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
Yield: 9 servings
Join us this week Around the Family Table for #SundaySupper! That fun starts at 3pm EST with these fabulous recipes being showcased and ends with our #SundaySupper live chat at 7pm EST.
Here’s our Autumn Apple Party Menu for Sunday, September 23, 2012!
- Cinnamon Apple Chips- Shockingly Delicious
- Apple Celery Salad- In the Kitchen with Audrey and Maurene
- Mini Apple Pumpkin Pancakes – The Daily Dish Recipes
- Overnight Apple Cinnamon French Toast- In the Kitchen with KP
- Curried Apple and Leek Soup-Soni’s Food for Thought
- Endive Spears Topped With Apple, Blue Cheese and Hazelnut Salad- The Hand That Rocks the Ladle
- Homemade Apple Jam – My Trials in the Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Butter Cheesecake Dip- Chocolate Moosey
- Caramel Apple Bread – famfriendsfood
- Apple Pie Bread Baker Street
- Apple, Bacon & Brie Popovers- I Run for Wine
- Apple and Almond Brie Puff Pastry- Family Foodie
- Apple, Leek and Gruyere Tarts- There and Back Again
- Slow Cooker Honey Apple Pork Loin- The Meltaways
- Apple-Glazed Meatballs- The Messy Baker
- Apples & Buttons (Ham, Apples and Dumplings)- Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Skillet Pork with Sweet Spiced Apples- Mama Mommy Mom
- Chicken Apple Meatloaf with Tarragon Tomato Sauce – Diabetic Foodie
- Baked Tilapia Apple Crisp- Daddy Knows Less
- Pork Tenderloin with Calvados Cream Sauce Sustainable Dad
- #SundaySupper Pulled Pork Sandwich With Pickled Red Onions Kwistin’s Favorites
- Harvest Rice- Webicurean
- Wild Rice with Apples, Dried Cranberries, and Walnuts – Ruffles and Truffles
- Apple Topped Sweet Potato Mash- Momma’s Meals
- Warm Spice Pecan Raisin Apple Chutney- Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Double Apple Pot Pie- What Smells So Good?
- Apple Walnut Coffee Cake- The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Apple Streusel Cobbler- Big Bear’s Wife
- Apple & Moroccan Cinnamon Gooey Sticky Buns- Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Spiced Caramel Apple Pie-Chelsea’s Culinary Indulgence
- Apple Pear Kuchen for #SundaySupper (Apfel Birnen Kuchen)- Galactosemia in PDX
- Apple Strudel – Magnolia Days
- Old Fashioned Apple Crisp with Caramel Sauce-Noshing with the Nolands
- Apple Cheesecake- Vintage Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Crumble Bars- Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Apple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting- From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Cinnamon Apple Dessert Chimichangas- Juanita’s Cocina
- Nutella Apple Quesadilla- Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Apple Crisp Ice Cream- Cravings of a Lunatic
- Bavarian Apple Torte- The Lovely Pantry
- Streusel Apple Crumb Pie + Pie Freezer Kits- Meal Planning Magic
- French Apple Cobbler with Cinnamon-Maple Whipped Cream Weekend Gourmet
- Chunky Apple-Apricot Bread Pudding- Comfy Cuisine
- Apple Butter Spice Cake – Home Cooking Memories
- Apple Pie and Custard- Happy Baking Days
- #GlutenFree Deep Dish Carmel Apple Pie- Cooking Underwriter
- Apple Brownies That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Country Apple Dumplings- Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Apple-Gingersnap Cookies- Tora’s Real Food
- Apple and Cranberry Turnovers- Flour on my Face
- Applesauce Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake with Caramel Glaze- Hip Foodie Mom
- Caramel Frosted Apple Cookies- No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Apple and Pecans Cake- Basic N Delicious
- Apple Pull Apart Monkey Bread- Gotta Get Baked
- Spiced Apple Ale Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Apple Chia Tea- Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
Leave a Comment