This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This Bacon Mushroom Carbonara is an Italian favorite that will quickly because one of your go to pasta recipes. Easy to make and positively addictive!
Want recipes delivered right to your inbox? Sign up here! Sometimes I even send out free e-cookbooks too!
Recipe At Bottom of Post
I don’t know when I fell in love with Carbonara but it has been a favorite of mine for years because it taste fantastic and because it’s super easy to make. I also love the fact that most of the time I have everything I need on hand to whip up this tasty Bacon Mushroom Carbonara in about 30 minutes.
What you’ll need for Bacon Mushroom Carbonara:
- Parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- fresh parsley
Don’t worry about the eggs! They won’t be raw!
I know that a lot of people are nervous to make carbonara because of the way that the eggs are added and heated. Don’t worry, y’all! They look from the heat of the pasta and bacon fat, they’re not raw when you eat them. When you toss them into the pasta and heated bacon, you’ll just toss them around for a bit while they cook. The egg, bacon fat and cheese makes up the creamy sauce for this Bacon Mushroom Carbonara and it’s out of this world delicious.
What if I forget to save the pasta water when I make the recipe?
Try to remember to reserve 1 cup of pasta water before you drain the pasta. This way if you need to add pasta water to the pasta to make the sauce creamer you’ll have it on hand. However, if you forget to save the pasta water before you drain it, have no fear. You can heat 1 cup of water on the stove or in the microwave and stir in ¼ teaspoon corn starch and ¼ teaspoon of salt into the water to create a fake starchy pasta water substitute.
More pasta recipes that you’ll love:
More Recipes with mushrooms to make:
Bacon Mushroom Carbonara
- 16 oz Spaghetti
- 10 strips bacon
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Boil a large pot of salted water.
- Add the pasta and bring it back to a boil.
- Cook until done to your liking.
- Reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water. (DON'T FORGET THIS)
- While pasta is cooking, add mushrooms to a pan and saute on medium heat until tender.
- Drain the pasta and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking its time to cook the bacon.
- Cook the bacon on the stove top or place bacon on a rimmed baking sheet, preheat oven to 475F and bake bacon for about 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, pull bacon from oven and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Set aside about 2-3 tablespoons of bacon grease.
- Then chop bacon into bacon bits.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with half the Parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Pour about 2 tablespoon of bacon fat from the pan into the pasta pot and heat to medium heat.
- Add the cooked spaghetti and toss to coat in the bacon fat.
- Turn off the heat and add the egg mixture.
- Toss gently to coat the pasta and cook the eggs. Toss in the chopped bacon. Toss in cooked mushrooms.
- Toss everything together and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- If the sauce is too thick, add the pasta water 1/4 cup at a time until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Serve with the remaining cheese and with parsley.
If you forget to save the pasta water before you drain it, have no fear. You can heat 1 cup of water on the stove or in the microwave and stir in ¼ teaspoon corn starch and ¼ teaspoon of salt into the water to create a fake starchy pasta water substitute.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 406mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 13g
This recipe was made to celebrate #NationalMushroomMonth. It was NOT sponsored but here are some other fantastic recipes from bloggers who are also sharing mushroom recipes to celebrate!
- Bacon and Mushroom Carbonara by Big Bears Wife
- Burgundy Mushrooms by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Candy Cap Cookies by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Hungarian Mushroom Soup by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Reuben Stuffed Mushroom Appetizers by The Freshman Cook
- Vegan Autumn Kale Salad with Roasted Shiitakes and Maple Mustard Dressing by The Baking Fairy
I love to see what your cooking from the blog!