An Easy Chicken Marsala that we consider to be The Best Chicken Marsala (that we’ve made!) It’s just like the Chicken Marsala that you get at the restaurants.
The original recipe was posted on BigBearsWife.com on August 26, 2009 and updated on February 18th, 2016.
Our apartment is filled with little girl giggles, pink suitcases and stuffed animals. haha Our god-daughters, Alyssa and Kendra, are staying with us for the weekend and they’ve taken over the apartment. 🙂 Of course, we’re totally fine with it and I’ve got a few things planned for us already, like a super cute fairy craft, bike rides and a trip to the market! However before we get into making crafts and baking cookies this weekend I thought I’d take a few minutes and share this Easy Chicken Marsala recipe with y’all!
I first made this Easy Chicken Marsala back in 2009 when we were living at Camp Lejeune. I was just starting to learn how to cook and this was one of the first “fancy meals” that I cooked for Thomas and I. We had just gotten an Olive Garden in Jacksonville, Thomas had just come home from Iraq and we were trying to make some of our favorite restaurant meals at home.
After a few tries, we finally came up with this recipe that we both loved that reminded me of the dish we ordered at Olive Garden. You see when Olive Garden came to Jacksonville the lines were insane. We ate there a few times but after a while I just got tired of standing in the super long lines to eat out. Making this at home was a much better option! Seriously, even now I won’t wait inline to eat at a restaurant (unless we’re at Disney! hahaha).
We’ve made this for anniversary dinners and normal Monday night meals. So it can be fancy or just an every day type of dinner. I made this for dinner the other day and I thought that it was time to update these photos. haha They look so much better now.
More Copycat Recipes that you should try:
- COPYCAT DISNEY DOLE WHIP
- EASY HOMEMADE COPYCAT HOSTESS CUPCAKES
- COPYCAT LITTLE DEBBIE CHRISTMAS TREE BROWNIES
- COPYCAT MILK AND COOKIES FRAPPUCCINO
haha see…here’s the old photo….yikes hahaha
The Best Chicken Marsala
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups of chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Marsala cooking wine
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup of flour, a pinch of salt and about 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Mix well.
- Coat the chicken breasts with the seasoned flour mixture.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 3 tablespoons butter into a large skillet and heat on medium-high heat.
- Once hot add the chicken and brown the chicken breast for 3-4 minutes on each side and then set them aside.
- Chop up mushrooms and add them into the skillet with another tablespoon of butter.
- Cook the mushrooms until they start turning brown.
- Next, add 1/2 a cup of Marsala wine and bring it to a boil.
- Keep stirring frequently until the wine has reduced down and then add about 3/4 to 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Place the chicken breasts back into the skillet and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until they are done.
- The sauce should be thickening up at this point, if you need it to be thinner add more chicken broth or Marsala wine.
- Serve over Pasta of your choice and garnish with mozzarella cheese!
- For melted mozzarella , sprinkle it onto the cheese and place until the broiler for 2-3 minutes before plating with pasta.