This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Tasty Buffalo Chicken Dip that’s ready in 30 minutes and perfect with crackers or celery sticks! Great as an appetizer, a topping for salads or a snack!
What a perfect day we’re having here. No, it’s not full of warm sunny weather or crazy vacation plans, it’s just a simple snowed in day with my baby bear. The snow is falling outside and the baby and I are snuggled up under the warmest blankets.
It’s also the perfect day to snack on a warm dish of Buffalo Chicken Dip! Snow days just make me want to cook and snack, thankfully this Buffalo Chicken Dip doesn’t make me feel guilty about snacking!
So, I haven’t really talked about it on the blog or on social media a lot but Thomas and I have been working on following a “Keto Lifestyle” for the past few months after my doctor recommended that I go even stricter with my low carb diet to deal with my PCOS. Keto is pretty much like a super low carb, high fat diet…only I don’t really stick to the high fat part because I can’t bring myself to add butter to everything and I don’t want to eat bacon everyday haha.
However I am limiting my carbs a lot and I feel a lot better because of it. Don’t worry though! I’ll still be posting tasty dessert and southern recipes on the blog! I won’t be switching the blog to keto or anything even though I may post some naturally keto friendly recipes from time to time.
I still love to bake and I’ve been sending the desserts and sweets to the office with Thomas to give out to the employees and customers, so it’s a win win for everyone!
Speaking of naturally Keto friendly recipes, I’ve got one for you today! I found an easy Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe in my grandma’s wooden recipe box and knew that we would love it! I’m absoutly crazy about buffalo wings right now so this Buffalo Chicken Dip was a no brainier!
I changed it up just a tad, I added a little bit of cheese and onion powder to it which made it perfect!
What you need for Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- cream cheese
- shredded cooked cooked chicken
- buffalo sauce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- onion powder
- Celery or Crackers for Serving
I also like to make this dip with chicken thighs! I really like chicken thighs as opposed to chicken breasts when I’m cooking, BUT to be honest either one will work in this recipe because it’s mixed together other ingredients.
You could even use a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store for this dip recipe. That would make this recipe even easier.
- I used chicken thighs in the recipe but you can use chicken breast or chicken tenders.
- You can also use a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store in this recipe.
- I used Moore’s Buffalo Wing Sauce in this recipe for testing, you can use ANY buffalo sauce brand that you want.
- I love this dip with celery sticks, Thomas loves to add it to fresh spinach for a buffalo chicken dip salad!
- This dip is fine served at room temperature but it’s better warm.
- I made this in a 1 quart dish but just double recipe for a 2 quart dish.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 6 ounces shredded cooked cooked chicken thighs (or breasts)
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Celery or Crackers for Serving
- The the bowl of a mixer (or in a bowl with a hand mixer), mix the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in the cooked shredded chicken and mix together.
- Mix in the cheese, buffalo sauce and onion powder.
- Mix all together and spoon into a 1 quart baking dish. (double recipe for a 2 quart dish)
- Bake 350F for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm with crackers or celery sticks.
Disclosure: The links below are affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click one and purchase something that I have recommended. While clicking these links won’t cost you any extra money, they will help me keep this blog up and running
LOVE IT? PIN IT!!