This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
These cute and spooky Cake Mix Monster Cookies are made using white cake mix or vanilla cake mix, a little coloring and candy eyeballs. They’re inspired by the boxed Halloween cookie mix at the big box stores!
This post/recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Want recipes delivered right to your inbox? Sign up here! Sometimes I even send out free e-cookbooks too!
LOVE IT? PIN IT!
Cake mix cookies are so fun to make and these Monster cookies are prefect for Halloween! These cookies are copycat Monster Eyeball Cookies from a cookie kit that we bought from the store one year for Halloween. My toddler loves them but when the kit was done, he was a little sad that we didn’t have anymore to make. So, mom to the rescue!
I made these cookies using our favorite cake mix cookie recipe and they were perfect.
What you’ll need to make Cake Mix Monster Cookies:
- white cake mix
- vegetable oil
- Orange, Green and Purple Gel Food Coloring
- Candy Eyeballs
How to make Cake Mix Monster Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs and oil. Mix until fully combined and thick like dough.
- Separate dough into three bowls. Dye and stir one bowl of dough purple, one bowl of dough green and one bowl of dough orange.
- Drop 2 tablespoon sized cookie dough balls onto a prepared baking sheet. Space each cookie about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven and while they are HOT carefully press candy eyes into cookies.
- Let cookies cool on a wire cooling rack.
CAN YOU USE OTHER CAKE MIXES?
You sure can!! You can experiment with all kinds although if you want to dye the cookie dough colors you’ll want to use a light cake mix.
SPONSORED ITEMS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
- Dixie Crystals – White Sugar
More awesome Cake Mix Cookie Recipes to make:
- Chocolate Chunk Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Unicorn Cookies Cake Mix Style
- Confetti Birthday Cake Mix Cookies
- Shark Cookies Cake Mix Cookies
Cake Mix Monster Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350F. In a bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs and oil. Mix until fully combined and thick like dough. Separate dough into three bowls. Dye and stir one bowl of dough purple, one bowl of dough green and one bowl of dough orange. Drop 2 tablespoon sized cookie dough balls onto a prepared baking sheet. Space each cookie about 2 inches apart. Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove cookies from the oven and while they are HOT carefully press candy eyes into cookies. Let cookies cool on a wire cooling rack.
Preheat the oven to 350F.
In a bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs and oil. Mix until fully combined and thick like dough.
Separate dough into three bowls. Dye and stir one bowl of dough purple, one bowl of dough green and one bowl of dough orange.
Drop 2 tablespoon sized cookie dough balls onto a prepared baking sheet. Space each cookie about 2 inches apart.
Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
Remove cookies from the oven and while they are HOT carefully press candy eyes into cookies.
Let cookies cool on a wire cooling rack.
I love to see what your cooking from the blog!
Love it? Pin it!
Plus, don’t forget that we have some great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Take a look more spooky Halloween recipes from our #HalloweenTreatsWeek Bloggers today:
Halloween Cookies & Bars:
- Cake Mix Monster Cookies from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Bar Cookies from Devour Dinner
- Oreo Mummy Cookies from Savory Experiments
- Easy Halloween Cake Mix Sprinkle Cookies from Family Around the Table
- Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars from House of Nash Eats
- Eye Love Chocolate Sugar Cookies from An Affair From the Heart
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars form Back To My Southern Roots
Halloween Cakes & Cupcakes:
- Bloody Broken Glass Red Velvet Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Halloween Bats Oreo Cupcakes from Lemon Blossoms
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Frosting from The Flour Handprint
- The Scream Brownies from West Via Midwest
- Halloween Monster Chocolate Cake Brownies from JZ Eats
- Halloween Marshmallow Brownies from Sweet Beginnings
- Halloween Mini S’mores Pudding Pies from For the Love of Food
- Jack Skellington Boo-berry Pie from Savory Moments
- Halloween Smoothie Bowl from Fresh Coast Eats
- Halloween Pancakes from I Am A Honeybee
- Pumpkin Spice Donuts from Pastry Chef Online
- Bloody Hot Cocoa from It’s Shanaka
Chilled Halloween Treats:
- Pennywise Ice Cream Float from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Wicked Witch Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
No Bake Desserts:
- Muddy Buddy Halloween Snack Mix from Tastes of Homemade
- Candy Corn Rice Crispy Treats from The Spiffy Cookie
- Kid-Friendly Halloween Snack Board from Love and Confections
- Rice Krispie Treat Haunted Houses from Sweet ReciPEAS
- Ghostly Snack Mix from Fake Ginger
- Spooky Pretzel Rods from Take Two Tapas
- Halloween Candy Bark from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Batty For Chocolate Dessert Cheese Ball from 4 Sons R Us
- Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Dip from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Spooky Season is here and it is time for 2020’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 3rd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week!
Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have some great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsor and bloggers this year!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Stainless-Steel Mixing Bowl Set
Prize #2 from Angie at BigBearsWife
Ninja OP301 Foodi 9-in-1 Pressure, Slow Cooker, Air Fryer and More, with 6.5 Quart Capacity and 45 Recipe Book, and a High Gloss Finish
Prize #3 from Nicole Taggart’s Origami Owl Jewelry Bar
Origami Owl Locket and Halloween Charms
Prize #4 from Kathy at Lemon Blossoms
6 Quart Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
Prize #5 from Terri at Our Good Life
Young Living’s Thieves Mints ($50 Value)
Pop a Thieves Mint into your mouth for cinnamint-fresh breath after meals. Made with naturally derived ingredients and free of artificial sweeteners, dyes, and preservatives, Thieves Mints are a choice you can feel good about. Created with Young Living’s Thieves essential oil blend, these mints deliver minty coolness with a hint of warm, sugar-free sweetness. Thieves Mints come in a conveniently sized container that is great to take on the go!!
Prize #6 from Julie at Back To My Southern Roots
1 Copy of – The Peanuts Family Cookbook: Delicious Dishes for Kids to Make with Their Favorite Grown-Ups
Prize #7 from Peabody of Sweet ReciPEAS
1 Copy of her new cookbook “Holy Sweet! 60 Indulgent Recipes for Bigger, Better Desserts”
Prize #8 from Megan of Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
1 Copy of her cookbook, “Incredible One-Pot Cooking: Easy, Delicious Recipes for Exciting Meals Without the Mess”
Prize #9 from Nicole of For the Love of Food Blog
1 Copy of “Friends: The Official Cookbook”
ONE (1) $75 Amazon gift card
Prize #11 from Shanaka from It’s Shanaka
ONE (1) $25 Amazon gift card
Prize #12 from Ashley from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Prize #13 from Amy from House of Nash Eats
ONE (1) $100 Amazon gift card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 5th – October 10th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 14 prizes and therefore we will have a total of 14 winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes. We would also love to give a huge thanks to our Halloween Treats Week bloggers because a lot of them also donated prizes for the giveaways, including: Angie of BigBearsWife , Nicole of Nicole Taggart’s Origami Owl Jewelry Bar, Kathy of Lemon Blossoms, Terri of Our Good Life, Julie of Back To My Southern Roots, Peabody of Sweet ReciPEAS, Megan of Strawberry Blondie Kitchen, Nicole of For the Love of Food Blog, Michaela of An Affair from the Heart, Jennifer of Take Two Tapas , Michele of West Via Midwest, Shanaka of It’s Shanaka, Ashley of Cheese Curd In Paradise, and Amy from House of Nash Eats!