This Creamed Corn Cornbread aka Creamed Corn Casserole has a Jiffy Cornbread box mix as the base but this isn’t your average boxed cornbread! It’s creamy center comes from the extra corn and cream corn added into the recipe!
This recipe was passed down to me from a Secret Recipe Club that I use to be a part of many, many years ago. A blogger friend of mine, Amanda, from Amanda’s Cookin use to run a online club for recipe swaps and this one a recipe that I got from Kimberly at Rhubarb and Honey. That was way back on 2011 and this has been a favorite of ours for years. (I’m currently updating this post with new photos and making it a bit more user friendly here in 2021)
Ingredients For Creamed Corn Cornbread | Creamed Corn Casserole:
- “JIFFY” Corn Muffin Mix
- whole kernel corn
- cream style corn
- sour cream
Ingredient amounts and entire recipe directions in recipe card below with print option!
How to cook Creamed Corn Cornbread | Creamed Corn Casserole?
This casserole/cornbread is so super easy to make.
Go ahead and preheat the oven to get this recipe going.
Then, you’re going to pick between an 8×8 dish or a 9×9 baking dish. Either will work and to be honest, I just grab whichever one I can reach first.
Now just mix it all together in a bowl and dump it over into the baking dish.
Let it rest for about 10 minutes – this will let it it fluffy up a bit.
Pop it into the oven and let it bake!
I normally find that I like ours baked for about an hour instead of 45 minutes to firm it up just a tad more but start checking it at the 45 minutes mark. I just jiggle the pan a bit and if it’s set, then I know it’s ready.
When this cornbread come out the oven you’ll want to give it about 5-10 minutes to rest. It is going to be very creamy in the middle while it’s warm, which I think it perfect. However, if you want a firmer cornbread, let it cool longer. The longer this cools, the firmer the middle will become.
What To Serve With Creamed Corn Cornbread | Creamed Corn Casserole:
Ps. if you’re looking to make cornbread from scratch, I have a great recipe for Southern Homemade Cornbread here.
Can I Use Homemade Creamed Corn For This Recipe?
You can! I have a recipe on the blog for Homemade Creamed Corn that works great for this cornbread recipe.
Quick Glance Creamed Corn Cornbread | Creamed Corn Casserole FAQ:
- Can I leave out the eggs? You’ll need the eggs in this recipe to hold everything together. Don’t worry, you can’t taste egg once it’s baked.
- Does this bake up like regular cornbread? Kind of. Once it is removed from the oven and it super hot this dish is going to have a lovely creamy center. I love it like that but if you want more of a firm cornbread center, let the cornbread cool. The longer the cornbread cools the firmer the center will get.
- 1 package “JIFFY” Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream style corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease an 8 x 8 inch casserole dish or 9x9 dish.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour mixture into greased dish and bake 45 to 60 minutes until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
The longer this cornbread cools the firmer it gets in the center. If served hot it will be creamy inside.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g
This data was provided and by Nutritionix on 2/24/2021 Numbers may vary depending on brands used
I love to see what you’re cooking from the blog!