This Creamed Corn Cornbread aka Creamed Corn Casserole has a Jiffy Cornbread box mix as the base but this isn’t your average boxed cornbread! It’s creamy center comes from the extra corn and cream corn added into the recipe!
Want recipes delivered right to your inbox? Sign up here! I send out free e-cookbooks too!
RECIPE IS BELOW IN PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BUT BLOG POST IS FULL OF “HOW TO MAKE IT”, TIPS, INFORMATION AND FAQ
This recipe was passed down to me from a Secret Recipe Club that I use to be a part of many, many years ago. A blogger friend of mine, Amanda, from Amanda’s Cookin use to run a online club for recipe swaps and this one a recipe that I got from Kimberly at Rhubarb and Honey. That was way back on 2011 and this has been a favorite of ours for years. (I’m currently updating this post with new photos and making it a bit more user friendly here in 2021)
Quick Glance at what you’ll need to make Creamed Corn Cornbread | Creamed Corn Casserole: (amounts in recipe card below)
- “JIFFY” Corn Muffin Mix
- whole kernel corn
- cream style corn
- sour cream
How do you make
Creamed Corn Cornbread | Creamed Corn Casserole?
This casserole/cornbread is so super easy to make.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Lightly grease an 8 x 8 inch casserole dish or 9×9 dish.
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Pour mixture into greased dish and bake 45 to 60 minutes until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
I normally find that I like ours baked for about an hour instead of 45 minutes to firm it up just a tad more but start checking it at the 45 minutes mark. I just jiggle the pan a bit and if it’s set, then I know it’s ready.
When this cornbread come out the oven you’ll want to give it about 5-10 minutes to rest. It is going to be very creamy in the middle while it’s warm, which I think it perfect. However, if you want a firmer cornbread, let it cool longer. The longer this cools, the firmer the middle will become.
Ps. if you’re looking to make cornbread from scratch, I have a great recipe for Southern Homemade Cornbread here.
Quick Glance Creamed Corn Cornbread | Creamed Corn Casserole FAQ:
- Can I leave out the eggs? You’ll need the eggs in this recipe to hold everything together. Don’t worry, you can’t taste egg once it’s baked.
- Does this bake up like regular cornbread? Kind of. Once it is removed from the oven and it super hot this dish is going to have a lovely creamy center. I love it like that but if you want more of a firm cornbread center, let the cornbread cool. The longer the cornbread cools the firmer the center will get.
Creamed Corn Cornbread | Creamed Corn Casserole
- 1 package “JIFFY” Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream style corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease an 8 x 8 inch casserole dish or 9x9 dish.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour mixture into greased dish and bake 45 to 60 minutes until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
The longer this cornbread cools the firmer it gets in the center. If served hot it will be creamy inside.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g
This data was provided and by Nutritionix on 2/24/2021 Numbers may vary depending on brands used
I love to see what you’re cooking from the blog!
Love it? Pin it!