This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Happy Easter!! (If you’re reading this on Easter, which is “today”)
If not… Happy “Whatever Day it is when you’re reading this”)
The weather is warming up, the sun has been shining and I feel the life coming back into the world. Everyone seems to get into this “funk” when it’s been cold for too long, and I love that everyone is getting out and about now.
On Friday, my cousin Crystal and I (along with her adorable babies) headed out to Greensboro for a little shopping and enjoyed a nice drive in this gorgeous weather. It’s so nice to get out and just do what we wanted to do. No real plans, other than an idea of what stores we wanted to visit, no real schedule, just fun times.
Before we left Greensboro to head home, we drove over to Delicious Bakery to check out their cupcakes. My friend Ashley suggested it and I’m so glad she did! (We actually had a lot of suggestions for bakeries in Greensboro from Facebook and Twitter, so we’ve got a lot of places to check out on our next trip!)
I may had splurged just a bit (ok well, we both did). I brought home a dozen beautiful, amazing cupcakes for dessert tonight. I’m so excited! (It’s the little things in life haha)
Other than that I found some beautiful Blue Pillows for our new living room at TJ MAXX (I’m totally loving that I get to decorate our new house). I’m making the living room colors: Chocolate Brown, Light Blue and Cream. I think it will be lovely. 🙂 We’ll see.
I’m sorry, I got distracted with Friday’s events and wanted to share.
Let me get back to the Grilled Orange & Lime Chicken Thighs, I mean that’s why you’re here right?
I love citrus. I love limes, oranges and grapefruit. I sorta kinda like lemon. NOT in my tea though. Yuck!
Anyways, these chicken thighs with the orange and lime juice are just so good. They’re juicy and flavorful. I truly enjoyed them. In my quest to eat more “real food”, I’ve started to just buy what looks good in the produce section and work on making food around what I’ve bought. That’s where these Grilled Orange & Lime Chicken Thighs come in.
A little bit of experiment, a little inspiration from the Salmon-Honey Teriyaki I made out of the Steamy Kitchen cookbook and a little love from the oranges and limes that followed me home. It’s so very simple, and so good.
Better with Citrus Breakfasts:
- Orange Ricotta Pancakes from Gotta Get Baked
Big On Citrus Breads & Condiments:
- Honey Lime Dressing from Ruffles & Truffles
- Meyer Lemon Pistachio Loaf from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Moroccan Preserved Lemons from MarocMama
Make You Pucker Salads, Sides, & Main Dishes:
- Ceviche from Cookistry
- Cilantro Lime Rice from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Citrus Ginger Chicken from Kudos Kitchen
- Easy Indian Lemon Chicken from Soni’s Food
- Fish Tacos with Lime Salsa from Curious Cuisiniere
- Grilled Orange & Lime Chicken Thighs from Big Bear’s Wife
- Meyer Lemon-Garlic Shrimp & Asparagus with Brown Rice from Daily Dish Recipes
- Orange Chicken from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Raw Beet Salad with Citrus Dressing from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Red Cabbage and Red Pepper Salad with Citrus Dressing from Family Foodie
- Seared Cod with Grapefruit Fennel Slaw from Magnolia Days
- Tangy Lemon Rice with Grated Mango & Roasted Cashew from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
Sour Citrusy Sweets & Desserts:
- Blood Orange Sorbet from My Cute Bride
- Broiled Oranges with Toasted Coconut from Neighborfood
- Clementine Curd from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Creamsicle Cupcakes from The Meltaways
- Dairyfree Key Lime Meringue Bliss from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Fresh Lemon Mousse from Comfy Cuisine
- Frozen Lemon Dessert from Gourmet Drizzles
- Gluten Free Orange Pound Cake from Simply Gourmet
- Honey and Lemon Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Key Lime Biscotti from Juanita’s Cocina
- Key Lime Cheesecake from Flour on My Face
- Key Lime Cookie Bars from Supper for a Steal
- Key Lime Truffles from What Smells So Good?
- Lemon Blueberry Polenta Cake from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Lemon Coconut Cinnamon Rolls from Chocolate Moosey
- Lemon Cookies from Basic N Delicious
- Lemon Cream Pie Push Pops from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Layer Cake from Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Lemon Poppyseed Sweet Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Lemon Ricotta Cake from The Urban Mrs.
- Meyer Lemon Snack Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mini Meyer Lemon Pies from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Mini Orange Cream & Lemon Cream Scones from The Foodie Army Wife
- No-Bake Lemon Cheese Cakes w/Blueberry-Lemon Sauce from Momma’s Meals
- Olive Oil Cake with Orange Marmalade from Hip Foodie Mom
- Omiyage California Citrus Cake from Ninja Baking
- Orange Cake with Orange Syrup from The Lovely Pantry
- Orange Crinkle Cookies from Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Pink Grapefruit Pie from In the Kitchen With Audrey and Maurene
- Pink Lemonade Pound Cake from In the Kitchen with KP
- Sugar-Free Lemon Meringue Pie from Webicurean
- Tarte au Citron from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Sour Sips & Drinks:
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday, March 31st to talk all about citrus recipes! We’ll tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and food photos.