Turn your favorite Samoa cookie Girl Scout cookies into a homemade treat with these Samoa Cupcakes! These chocolate cupcakes have a caramel frosting and are topped with chocolate, toasted coconut and Samoa Cookies!
Want recipes delivered right to your inbox? Sign up here! You’ll get a free e-cookbooks too!
RECIPE LINK IS BELOW AND HAS A PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BUT BLOG POST IS FULL OF “HOW TO MAKE IT”, TIPS, INFORMATION AND FAQ
They’re pretty easy to make and have all of the same flavor layers as those tasty Samoa cookies!
What you need for Homemade Samoa Cupcakes: (amounts in recipe)
- Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- vegetable oil
- vanilla extract
- boiling water
Plus the caramel frosting recipe that’s included, toasted coconut, chocolate syrup and Samoa Cookies!
How to make Homemade Samoa Cupcakes:
Preheat oven to 325ºF.
Follow cupcake batter recipe that is attached mix until smooth. Place cupcake liners into cupcake tray and fill liners halfway with batter.
Bake in preheated oven at 325F for 30 minutes or until done. Let cool before frosting.
Once Caramel Frosting has been made, pipe a swirl of frosting onto each cupcake. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
Sprinkle with toasted coconut and top with a Samoa cookie that has been broken in half.
QUICK GLANCE Homemade Samoa Cupcakes FAQ:
1. What flavor is Samoa? Samoa cookies are crispy cookies with caramel, toasted coconut, and dark chocolate stripes.
2. What if I can’t find the Girl Scout Samoa cookies? No problem! There are a few other brands you can use that taste the same. Keebler Coconut Dreams are the same, Clover Valley (Dollar General label) Coconut Fudge and Caramel Cookies, Aldi’s Benton’s Caramel Coconut Fudge Cookies, Great Value (Walmart label) Caramel Coconut & Fudge and the Food Lion Fudge Drizzled Caramel Coconut Cookies.
3. How do I toast shredded coconut? To toast shredded coconut, place shredded coconut in a skillet on the stove top and set the heat to medium. Heat and toss coconut until toasty and brown. Don’t look away though because it can quickly go from toasted to burnt.
More tasty cupcake recipes:
- Toasted Marshmallow Cupcakes
- Homemade Mickey Mouse Rainbow Cupcakes
- German Chocolate Cupcakes
- Hummingbird Cupcakes
Homemade Samoa Cupcakes
I MADE THIS RECIPE FOR DIXIE CRYSTALS AND THEY’VE GOT THE ENTIRE RECIPE POSTED ON THEIR SITE.
I love to see what you’re cooking from the blog!
Love it? Pin it!