This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
These Instant Pot Southern Green Beans taste just like slow cooked southern green beans but only take about 45 minutes in the Instant Pot instead of hours on the stove!
RECIPE IS BELOW IN PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BUT BLOG POST IS FULL OF “HOW TO MAKE IT”, TIPS, INFORMATION AND FAQ
Southern green beans are so good! While I normally love to cook Stove Top Southern Green Beans or Slow Cooker Southern Style Green Beans, I recently decided to give the Instant Pot a try to cook southern green beans and I fell in LOVE!
Normally it takes hours for southern green beans to cook down and soak in the flavors but with this Instant Pot recipe, they cook in about 45 minutes and still have the amazing flavor that comes with the normally long cook time. I was hesitant at first, but the flavor is fantastic!
Why You Should Make Instant Pot Southern Green Beans…
- Full of flavor
- Only Takes about 45 minutes
- great side dish
QUICK GLANCE AT INGREDIENTS FOR Instant Pot Southern Green Beans:
- green beans
- Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- seasoning salt
(AMOUNTS IN RECIPE CARD BELOW)
How to make Instant Pot Southern Green Beans:
- Let the Instant Pot get hot
Select the Sauté Button.
Let pot of Instant Pot get super hot.
- Cut Bacon into pieces and cook
Cut bacon into 1 inch pieces and add to Instant Pot.
Add the bacon and cook until crispy.
- Clean and Snap green beans
While bacon is cooking, wash the green beans and snap the ends off of the green beans. Toss out the green bean ends.
- Add ingredients and stir
Turn instant pot off.
Add water, Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base, onion powder, onion powder and seasoning salt, Stir well.
Add green beans to pot and stir.
- Cook on High Pressure
Close instant pot lid and set pressure to high for 10 minutes.
- Release Pressure
Once cooked, let natural release for 10 minutes and then manual release.
Carefully open lid after pressure is released and enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions
I haven’t tried this particular Instant Pot recipe with canned beans yet so I’m not sure.
Yes! They are the same thing just different names.
You sure can!
Rinse green beans off to remove any dirt. Snap pointy ends off of green beans and toss them in the trash or compost bin. If green beans are extra long you can snap them in half too before cooking.
What should I serve with these green beans?
- Air Fryer Roast Chicken
- Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Muffin Tin Mushroom Meatloaf
- Dijon Sirloin Tip Roast with Brown Butter Mushrooms
Instant Pot Southern Green Beans
- 10 slices bacon
- 2 pounds fresh green beans
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Select the Sauté Button.
- Let pot of Instant Pot get super hot.
- Cut bacon into 1 inch pieces and add to Instant Pot.
- Add the bacon and cook until crispy.
- While bacon is cooking, wash the green beans and snap the ends off of the green beans. Toss out the green bean ends.
- Turn instant pot off.
- Add water, Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base, onion powder, onion powder and seasoning salt, Stir well.
- Add green beans to pot and stir.
- Close instant pot lid and set pressure to high for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, let natural release for 10 minutes and then manual release.
- Carefully open lid after pressure is released and enjoy.
If you don't have or can't find Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base you can also dissolve a cube of chicken bouillon into 2 cups of hot water and use that in place of the Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base and water.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 scoop
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 1258mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 7gSugar: 8gProtein: 20g
Love the recipes that you’re finding here but worried about misplacing them? Sign up for my newsletter above for new recipes every week OR make sure to pin this recipe to your Pinterest account so it’s always easy to find!
Love it? Pin it!