This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Vegetable Beef Soup is one of those meals that immediately makes me think of my parents and grandparents. It’s perfect for a snowy winter night, a rainy spring afternoon, or a crisp fall lunch date. Or if you’re like me, you’ll enjoy this Vegetable Beef Soup during the summer too! Best part? This Vegetable Beef Soup is Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup!
Want recipes delivered right to your inbox? Sign up here! Sometimes I even send out free e-cookbooks too!
LOVE IT? PIN IT!
I also have a regular stove top version of this recipe on the blog, here!
Soup is one of those meals that I can eat on all week long; Thomas needs a bit of variety when it comes to meals. I can make a huge pot of soup on Sunday, pour it into my glass containers and eat on it all week long.
Especially with the baby here, I’m 100% fine with meals that I can make big batches of and just reheat as soon as I lay him down for his afternoon nap.
Speaking of naps…I need my baby love to stop fighting naps. I mean come on little dude, naps are the best. THE BEST. I was hoping that he wouldn’t fight me on naps for at least a year hahaha. He does perfect at night when it’s time for us to do is bedtime routine and tuck him in. However, naps during the day, he fights sleep like crazy and then just knocks out. One day he’ll miss naps. 😉
Back to soup though…
While broccoli and cheese soup is probably my all time favorite soup to eat, Vegetable soup is by far my favorite to make. There is just something about sitting down to a hot bowl of vegetable soup that makes me feel like I’m back in my parents kitchen. It also makes me think about all of the stories my mom tells me about how much time her mom spent in the kitchen when they were growing up.
Why? Well because this recipe is an Instant Pot version of my favorite vegetable soup recipe that my Nana use to make. I can see her in the kitchen now making this for all of her kids while shooing them out of the kitchen.
I sure do wish she was here to see these new pressure cookers like the Instant Pot. I bet she’d love it. My mom use to tell me that her mom used a pressure cooker a lot. When it was time to take the lid off of it to check the food, my nana would make all of her kids go to the back of the house. After she opened it and it was safe, they could come back up to the front of the house. She was terrified of it blowing up.
I can’t blame her. I have the electric Instant Pot version and I still don’t want Jackson anywhere near it. I just don’t want to take any chances with him. Gotta keep that baby safe. 🙂
- To make this vegetarian just leave out the beef and use vegetable stock instead of beef broth.
- You can make this on the stove too. Just follow this stove top recipe on the blog, here!
- I drain the vegetables before I add them, I don’t think it needs all of the liquid from the canned vegetables.
- I use canned vegetables for this recipe because that’s how my Nana made it!
- If it thickens up too much, just stir in a little extra water or beef broth after cooking.
- I use a 6 quart Instant Pot for all of my recipes.
Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds stew beef
- 2 teaspoons complete seasoning (or your favorite all purpose seasoning)
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (23.2 oz) large can tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 teaspoons pepper (depending on how much you like pepper)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 can (14.5 oz) french style green beans
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) sliced carrots
- 1 can (15.25 oz) sweet corn
- 2 cans (15 oz each) cans diced potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups beef broth
- Select the Saute Button on the Instant Pot and set it to normal.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil and beef (cook in two batches if needed)
- Season the beef with the complete seasoning.
- Stir and cook beef until browned on all sides; about 5 minutes per batch.
- Drain liquid off if necessary. Hit the Cancel Button.
- In a bowl, mix together the tomato soup, tomato sauce and seasonings.
- Pour all vegetables (drained) into Instant Pot
- Add in beef.
- Add in tomato mixture.
- Pour in the beef broth and water. Stir until combined.
- Put the lid onto the Instant Pot and seal it, making sure the vent on top is in the correct position.
- Press the MEAT/STEW button and cook at high pressure for 35 minutes.
- When done cooking, let it natural release for 5 minutes and then use the quick release on top to depressurize the Instant Pot.
-- 6 QUART PRESSURE COOKER USED -- PREP: 20 minutes | CLOSED POT TIME: 1 hour 10 minutes (COOK TIME - 35 Minutes!) |
(NORMALLY HAVE 1-2 CUPS PER SERVING - ALSO GREAT FOR FREEZING AND FOR EATING ON ALL WEEK)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 358mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 2/16/2020 - Nutrition information isn’t always accurate as Nutrition facts can change based on brands and amounts used.
I love to see what your cooking from the blog!
Love it? Pin it!