This Vanilla Pudding Fruit Salad is made with your favorite vanilla pudding mix, fruit juice and mixed fruit! It’s a summer dessert you’re going to want to make over and over again!
I’ve always loved mixed fruit. When I was growing up I would devour cans of sliced peaches and fruit cocktail. Then once I started out on my own, I switched over to fresh farm peaches from the farmer’s market and random thrown together fruit salads made with whatever was in season.
Pregnancy intensified that need for fruit. I thought that I would be craving chocolate and sugar, but I’ve been on a fruit kick from the beginning. Now don’t get me wrong, I actually do crave chocolate milkshakes something awful but I’ve been able to kind of handle that. haha
Fruit though, I’ve had my fridge and counters stocked with fruit for months.
So the other night I was flipping through some of Toni’s recipes while trying to organize them and I came across this fruit salad recipe. Well, I love fruit salad and I love pudding desserts so I knew wanted this dessert asap!
I made it and I loved it, so I wanted to share it with y’all.
Now here are a few things about this recipe.
- The original recipe doesn’t call for blackberries but I LOVE them and had some from the farmer’s market so I added them in. Oh so GOOD!
- YES, you’re making the pudding with fruit juice and not milk. It will be kind of thick when you first make it. That’s OK! DON’T try to thin it out.
- This taste best if you let it sit over night. It taste even better if you let it sit for 2 nights BUT it looks better after the first night than the second haha.
- Don’t add the bananas until right before you serve this. You don’t want them to turn brown!
- Serve it as is or garnish with some whipped cream. Either way is amazing.
Vanilla Pudding Fruit Salad