This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Magical cakesicles from under the sea, if you love Mermaids you’re going to flip tails over these Mermaid Cakesicles!
“This recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.”
We’re half way through 2019’s #SummerDessertWeek event and I’m loving all of the mermaid desserts that everyone has been making! I just learned about cakesicles this year and thought they’d make for a super cute Mermaid dessert for the summer!
Let’s talk about the Mermaid tail mold:
This is the Kit I used for the Mermaid tails. Wilton sent this to me since they’re a sponsor for #SummerDessertWeek this year and I knew the mermaid tail mold would be perfect for these Mermaid Cakesicles the moment I saw it!
What you need for Mermaid Cakesicles:
- 9×13 baked cake (recipe below)
- ounces white candy melts
- light blue candy melts
- Wilton’s Blueberry Lemonade Purple candy melts
- Mermaid mold from Wilton’s DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit
- popsicle sticks
- Mermaid colored & themed sprinkles
These are the sprinkles that I used for these Mermaid Cakesicles and I just love them!
They’re the “Sea Splash” Mix from Sweets and Treats and they’re perfect for these treats!
Aren’t they beautiful!
They matches the Blueberry Lemonade candy melts I used for the Mermaid tails perfectly!
To make these Mermaid Cakesicles:
Basically we’re making cake pops that look like popsicles!
Once the cake and icing has been made (recipe below), it’s time to start making these cakesicles!
Crumble cake into crumbs and mix icing into cake crumbs until a dough forms.
After the cake crumbs and icing is mixed into a dough, form cakesicles by hand and place them on a sheet pan (or something small enough to fit into your fridge or freezer).
Add popsicle sticks and place into fridge or freezer for 1-2 hours or until super cold.
While cakesicles are getting cold, make the candy mermaid tails.
Melt the purple blueberry lemonade candy melts according to the package directions.
Fill the mermaid mold with candy melts and tap to release air bubbles.
Place into fridge for 10 minutes. Pop mermaid tails out of mold and continue process until enough mermaid tails have been made.
Melt white chocolate according to package directions. Melt blue as well in a separate bowl.
Drizzle some of the blue over the white melted candy and and dip each cakesicle into melted chocolate.
Lay on a flat surface, add mermaid candy tail and sprinkles.
Let cakesicles lay on a flat surface to harden.
You can also use a cakesicle or popsicle like mold to make them like I did with these Seashell Beach Cakesicles!
SPONSORED ITEMS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
- Dixie Crystals – Powdered Sugar & Granulated Sugar
- Adam’s Extract – Vanilla Extract
- Sweets and Treats – “Sea Splash” Mix
- Wilton – Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, White Candy Melts, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit
Love it? Pin it!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Strawberry Siren Shake from A Blender Mom
- Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches from Family Around the Table
- Ice Cream Waffle Sandwiches from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red, White & Blue Funfetti Ice Cream from Books n’ Cooks
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- No-Bake Mermaid Cake from Nik Snacks
- Mermaid Ice Cream Cone Cakes from Eat Move Make
- Lemon Cupcakes from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Strawberry Buttercream Cake with Blueberry Lemonade Ganache from 4 Sons R Us
- Blackberry Lemon Yogurt Cake from Sweet Beginnings
No Bake Treats:
- Frozen Chocolate Chip Dessert from Who Needs A Cape?
- Sprinkle Filled Birthday Cookie Dough Dip from Cooking With Carlee
- Candy Dipped Fruit Cones from Blogghetti
- Mermaid Cakesicles from Big Bear’s Wife
- Strawberry Lemonade Bars from Jen Around the World
- Amaretto Cheesecake from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Lemon Blueberry Scones from The Beard and The Baker
- Key Lime Pie Donuts from Daily Dish Recipes
- Lemon Bar Cheesecake from Fake Ginger
- Blueberry Banana Pretzel Bars from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- New York Style Cheesecake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Cheesecake with Key Lime Stars and Orange Cream Mermaids from Our Good Life
- Indian Rice Pudding from Palatable Pastime
- Key Lime Thumbprint Cookies from The Domestic Kitchen
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Doughmesstic
- Chocolate Swirl Meringues from My Sweet Zepol
- Sweet Corn Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Peach Pie Fudge from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Blackberry Spritzer from My Baking Heart
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.