This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
These fun SeaShell Beach Cakesicles look like ice cream pops and taste like cake pops! Cake and frosting inside a candy coating decorated to look like the beach seems like the perfect summer dessert!
“This recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.”
It’s no secret that I love the beach. I love the waves, the salt in the air, the seashells and the sunrises. Today is the first day of this year’s #SummerDessertWeek blogging recipe event so what better way to start off this week long event than with a dessert dedicated to the beach!
If you don’t know what #SummerDessertWeek is let me take a second really quick to tell you about it. This is the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event that I’ve hosted and it’s an online event that brings together tons of bloggers that share summer dessert recipes with you all week! This year I have 45 bloggers sharing over 165 recipes! Follow the hashtag #SummerDessertWeek on social media and scroll to the bottom of this post to see more recipes, read more about the event and enter to win a great giveaway!
So let’s talk about these SeaShell Beach Cakesicles!
What is a cakesicle?
It’s a cake pop. haha. It’s a cake pop that’s shaped like a popsicle. That’s pretty much it. They’re tasty and easy to make, plus if you know how to make cake pops you’ll have no problem making these.
Wilton was on of our sponsors for this year’s #SummerDessertWeek and they sent me a huge box full of awesome goodies to work with. In the box was this DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit so I decided to use that for these SeaShell Beach Cakesicles.
What you’ll need for SeaShell Beach Cakesicles:
- 9×13 baked cake (recipe below)
- frosting (recipe below)
- blue candy melts
- white candy melts
- crushed graham cracker crumbs
- Mini White Chocolate seashells
- popsicle sticks
- Mold from Wilton’s DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit OR You can form them by hand
This is the mold that comes in the kit. However, don’t worry! While this Wilton mold makes these cakesicles super cute and perfectly shaped, you don’t need it to make them. You can also shape them by hand. I have directions for both ways below in the recipe.
Using a mold to make cakesicles:
Melt the blue candy melts according to the package directions.
Add a tablespoon or so of the blue melted candy into the cavities of the pop mold and gently spread the candy melts along the bottom and sides to make sure all of the mold is coasted. Don’t fill the entire mold though, this is just creating a candy shell.
Place the mold into the fridge for 5 minutes for the candy melts to harden.
Insert wooden popsicle sticks either into the once you’ve pressed into the mold or lay them in first.
Crumble cake into crumbs and mix icing into cake crumbs until a dough forms.
Using about a 1/2 a tablespoon of the cakesicle dough for each mold, press dough into the center of the hardened candy melts. Spread it out a bit but don’t go all the way to the edges.
Spoon more blue melted candy over the back of the pops and lightly tap the tray to make sure the melted candy goes down the sides.
Remove any excess candy melts and place back into the fridge to harden.
Once hardened, carefully remove cakesicles from mold. Don’t be too rough or they may break.
Add a bit of melted chocolate to the top and front of the cakesicle and sprinkle with crushed graham crackers to create the beach sand.
Then pipe a few lines of the melted white candy melts across the cakesicles and use a food safe brush to pull the melted chocolate downwards to create the waves.
Add a few mini chocolate seashells to complete the pop. Use white chocolate to glue the mini chocolate seashells onto the pop.
You can buy candy seashells or use a silicone food safe seashell mold and white chocolate to make them at home.
Let pops sit for 10-15 minutes for chocolate decorations to harden.
The recipe below is using an entire 9×13 cake to make these SeaShell Beach Cakesicles. If you want to use the entire 9×13 cake, this recipe will yield about 80 small cakesicles using the Wilton mold OR 30-40 Medium Cakesicles if you shape them by hand.
Perfect for a party or for party favors!
Below is an example of a medium cakesicles that I made by molding the cake pop dough into a popsicle shape with my hand. I like how they all turned out but I really love the ones using the Wilton mold! So I think it’s just a personal preference
SPONSORED ITEMS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
- Dixie Crystals – Powdered Sugar & Granulated Sugar
- Adam’s Extract – Vanilla Extract
- Wilton – DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit, Blue Candy Melts, White Candy Melts and Wilton Cake Decorating Fondant Brush Set
SeaShell Beach Cakesicles
Love it? Pin it!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Circus Animal Cookie Ice Cream from Fake Ginger
- No Churn Banana Pudding Ice Cream from Nik Snacks
- Butterscotch Ice Cream from Pastry Chef Online
- Individual Mermaid Ice Cream Treats from Family Around the Table
- Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream Bon Bons from Cooking With Carlee
Pies of Summer:
- Creamy Peach Pie Delight from Who Needs A Cape?
- Key Lime Coconut Pie from Doughmesstic
- Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Pie from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Mini Fresh Strawberry Pies from Cheese Curds in Paradise
- Cherry Limeade Icebox Pie from Sweet Beginnings
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Coconut Custard Almond Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Strawberry Ice Cream Cake from The Beard and The Baker
- Fiesta Lime Cupcakes from My Baking Heart
- Nana’s Strawberry Shortcake Cake from Daily Dish Recipes
- Ice Cream Cone Drip Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Summer Berries Pavlova Cake from Home Sweet Homestead
- Buttermilk Chocolate Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Charlotte A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mermaid Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Vanilla Icebox Cake from Books n’ Cooks
- Peach-Basil Coffee Cake from The Spiffy Cookie
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes from Cookaholic Wife
- The Perfect Vanilla Cupcake from Our Good Life
No Bake Treats:
- No Bake Lemon Chiffon Dessert from Miss in the Kitchen
- No Bake Berry Cheesecake from Desserts Required
- Pineapple Pretzel Fluff Salad from 4 Sons R Us
- Easy Raspberry Cream Cheese Dessert from Blogghetti
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake from Everyday Eileen
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad Dessert from Creative Southern Home
- Sea Shell Beach Cakesicles from Big Bear’s Wife
- Mermaid Splash Cookies from The Domestic Kitchen
- Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake from A Blender Mom
- Cruise Ship Strawberry Crepes from Southern From Scratch
- Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake from Eat Move Make
- Caramel Sticky Pudding Cake from Shockingly Delicious
- Blackberry Roly Poly from Nancie’s Table
- Strawberry Monkey Bread from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Raspberry Custard Bars with Almond from My Sweet Zepol
- Caramel Corn Cheesecake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Blackberry Cheesecake with Blackberry Compote from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy Mini Fruit Pizzas from Jen Around the World
- Sunflower Cookies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orange Creamsicle Chip Cookies from Palatable Pastime
- Viennese Whirls from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mason Jar Caramel Banana Pudding from For the Love of Food
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #4 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.