This post is sponsored by Cooked Perfect. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Need some great ideas for your next game day? Hosting a party in the upcoming weeks and looking for some tasty finger foods for your guest? These Cooked Perfect Premium Fire Grilled Chicken Zesty Herbs and Spice Wings with Pimento Cheese Stuffed Fried Mashed Potato Bites are what you need!
Game day food is the best isn’t it? I think that my husband would be totally fine with making an entire meal out of his game day food favorites on the weekend. Well, I have to say that I wouldn’t judge him about it either because I would be just as happy about it.
Our wedding anniversary is coming up and thanks to my lack of football knowledge it happens to always land on the weekend of the biggest football game of the year.
So every year, the weekend of our anniversary brings the big game along with it as well as pizza, wings and all types of game day food.
With so many game day parties going on lately I thought this would be a great time to share a new game day recipe with y’all. Thomas loves wings, I mean I love them too but he really loves them. He can totally make an entire meal out of wings and be perfectly happy.
Two baskets of wings and he’s one happy guy! This means he was a pretty excited when I suggested that we needed to heat up some of the Cooked Perfect Premium Fire Grilled Zesty Herbs and Spice Wings for the blog!
So like I said, I’ve got some finger food ideas and recipes for y’all today! We’re having Cooked Perfect Premium Fire Grilled Zesty Herbs and Spice Wings with Pimento Cheese Stuffed Fried Mashed Potato Bites; oh you’re going to love them!
Cooked Perfect Premium Fire Grilled Zesty Herbs and Spice Wings are ready in about 30 minutes!
The wings are already fully cooked and seasoned with the rich flavors of thyme, sage and a blend of savory peppers. They just need a bit of time in the oven to heat up!
Don’t worry though, these wings aren’t crazy spicy, they just have a little spice kick and I love that.
When Thomas and I were thinking of some bite sized finger food snacks to go along with our wings, we had so many ideas that I had a hard time narrowing it down to just one to feature.
After a bit of recipe testing and brainstorming we decided to make Pimento Cheese Stuffed Fried Mashed Potato Bites!
YES! These fried mashed potato bites are stuffed with homemade pimento cheese. Now don’t worry, you can use store bought pimento cheese for these but if you need an easy recipe I’ve got one on the blog that will work just perfectly.
We made homemade Parmesan mashed potatoes, let them cool and stuck them in the fridge for a few hours before we started working with them.
Once the potatoes are cold, use a spoon to scoop out some of the mashed potatoes and roll it into a ball. Use your thumb and press an indention into the middle of the potato ball. Add the Pimento cheese and cover the cheese with the sides of the mashed potato ball. Roll the potato ball smooth again and place on a flat surface.
Brush each potato bite with a little egg wash. Next, roll them in breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and fry until golden brown and hot!
I wanted to give y’all a few tips for making these so that the process goes smoothly for you!
- Get the mashed potatoes COLD!
- Keep your hands cold. I had the best luck with running my hands under super cold water before trying to roll the mashed potatoes into balls.
- The heat from your hands WILL make the mashed potato balls fall apart, this is why they need to be cold and why you need to keep your hands cold.
- Don’t try to stuff too much pimento cheese into the center, about 1/4 of a teaspoon or 1/2 of a teaspoon should be plenty depending on how big you make the potato bites.
- Brush them with an egg wash before you try to roll them in the bread crumbs. The bread crumbs will stick better!
- Don’t try to fry too many at once, you’ll make a mess and the oil temperature will drop too much.
- Don’t fry them with the oil too hot! The outside will burn before the pimento cheese heats up in the middle!
- Fry the first two, one at a time to judge a good oil temperature and time. We fried ours in oil that was heated on medium heat, letting each bite cook for about 1 minute or 1 minute and 30 seconds.
YES! Now you have homemade Pimento Cheese Stuffed Fried Mashed Potato Bites! Such perfect little potato bites to go along with the Fire Grilled Wings!
You can find Cooked Perfect Premium Fire Grilled Zesty Herbs and Spice Wings in the freezer section of your local Kroger, Stop & Shop, Giant or Wegmans. Check out the store locator on the Cooked Perfect site to find them in a store close to you.
Cooked Perfect Premium Fire Grilled Chicken Zesty Herb and Spices Wings with Pimento Cheese Stuffed Fried Mashed Potato Bites