This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Roasted Potatoes are tender and delicious additions to any meals or recipe! Learn How To Roast Potatoes in the Oven and serve them with dinner this week!
Want recipes delivered right to your inbox? Sign up here! I send out free e-cookbooks too!
RECIPE IS BELOW IN PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BUT BLOG POST IS FULL OF “HOW TO MAKE IT”, TIPS, INFORMATION AND FAQ
Potatoes are fantastic no matter how they’re cooked but these Oven Roasted Potatoes are so simple to make and the perfect side dish for all types of meals! These potatoes remind me of old school potato wedges and I love them even more for that! Let’s Make Them!
Quick Glance at what you’ll need to Roast Potatoes in the Oven: (amounts in recipe card below)
- small white or yellow potatoes
- olive oil
- black pepper
- Italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- dried rosemary
How do you Roast Potatoes in the Oven?
Preheat oven to 400F.
Now it’s time to prep those potatoes! But….
What kind of potatoes should I use?
Any kind you want! I personally love a mix of russet and yellow potatoes for this recipe BUT I’ve also cooked just russet potatoes and just red potatoes with this method and they’re all delicious.
Also, I choose not to peel potatoes when I’m cooking them in the oven but you can peel them if you want to. I know that not everyone likes potato skins and that’s ok.
Just make sure that if you’re going to leave the skins on that you rinse and scrub those potatoes clean before you start to cut them. Sometimes potatoes still have farm dirt on them and most of us don’t want to have dirt in our dinners.
Dice potatoes into 1 inch or 2 inch cubes (about bite size) and then toss the potato cubes into a bowl.
Seasonings for Potatoes:
Now it is time for the olive oil and seasonings. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle with seasonings all over the potatoes and then toss everything to coat them evenly.
I like to use Italian seasoning, garlic powder and dried rosemary with a bit of salt and pepper for my roasted potatoes but you can use any seasonings that you love!
Pour into a single layer on a baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Potatoes should be crispy but fork tender when done!
Quick Roast Potatoes FAQ:
- What kind of potatoes can I use? Any will work! Russet, Yellow, Red, Purple…they’re all fantastic when baked like this.
- How long does it take to roast potatoes in the oven? About 30-35 minutes!
Recipes to serve with these Oven Roast Potatoes:
- Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Air Fryer Roast Chicken
- Baked Pizza Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken
- Instant Pot Short Ribs
- Cheesy Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
How To Roast Potatoes in the Oven
- 2 pounds small white or yellow potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Rinse/Scrub potatoes clean and dry.
- Dice potatoes into 1 inch or 2 inch cubes (about bite size).
- Toss potato cubes into a bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Toss to evenly coat everything.
- Pour into a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Potatoes should be crispy but fork tender when done.
Any combination of seasonings can be used
I love to see what you’re cooking from the blog!
Love it? Pin it!