This Pumpkin Patch Eclair Dessert is perfect for any fall party, Halloween or Thanksgiving dinner! It’s easy to make and one of our favorites!
We love eclair desserts around here and they’re one of the most requested desserts when I volunteer to make dessert for a party or dinner. I fell in love with them probably 20 years ago and have been making them for years.
These desserts are so simple to make but they are always the first desserts to disappear.
What do I need to make a Pumpkin Patch Eclair Dessert?
- graham crackers
- Vanilla Instant pudding
- chocolate icing
- crushed Oreos or other chocolate sandwich cookies
- candy pumpkins
Crushed chocolate cookies make for a great layer of “dirt” for the pumpkin patch!
I used those marshmallow candy pumpkins that you can find in stores but you could also make homemade marshmallow pumpkins using my favorite homemade fondant recipe like I did for Pumpkin Patch Graveyard Eclair Dessert.
I made this Pumpkin Patch Dessert right here for my son’s 1st birthday last year. We threw him a Mickey Pumpkin Birthday Party and this was a great Pumpkin patch dessert for the party!
I set it on the dessert table with the cake and cupcakes and it was the first dessert to be finished haha. We may have had like 1 serving left over but someone ate it while we were cleaning up from the party. I think everyone LOVED it.
That’s proof of how good this dessert is!
I’m sure I’ll be making another one for his birthday party this year. It’ll probably become a tradition to make one that fits the theme of his party each year.
Want more Chocolate Eclair Dessert recipes? Here are some you might like:
- Banana Split Eclair Dessert with Banana Whipped Cream
- USA Flag Eclair
- Brownie Brittle Graveyard Eclair
- Chocolate Eclair Dessert
Pumpkin Patch Eclair Dessert
- 1 box of graham crackers
- 2 Large boxes of Vanilla Instant pudding
- 6 cups of milk
- 2 cans of chocolate icing
- 1/2 cup crushed Oreos or other chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 bag candy pumpkins
- In a large bowl, mix together the Vanilla Instant pudding mix and cold milk. Whisk until the pudding starts to thicken!
- In a 9 X 13 (or whatever size) dish, lay out a row of graham crackers. Cover the graham crackers in pudding. Lay down another layer of graham crackers and cover with the pudding.
- Continue to layer the graham crackers and pudding until you reach the top of the dish. Finish with a graham cracker layer.
- Heat the chocolate frosting so that it easy to pour but not completely liquid. (I normally stick my cans of frosting into the microwave for about 20 seconds.)
- Spread the chocolate frosting over the top layer of graham crackers.
- 1 bag candy pumpkins
- Sprinkle top with crushed cookie sandwiches to look like dirt.
- Refrigerate for 6-8 hours (or overnight) *Long enough for the graham crackers to become soft*
- Top Eclair with candy pumpkins
Love it? Pin it!