This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
**Originally posted January, 28th 2011 – recent photo update Febuary 2nd, 2016**
I just spent 4 hours in the car traveling home from Wilmington and it took every thing I had in me to eat dinner and watch a TV show with Thomas. I spent the last few days down in Wilmington with my best friend Nikki because of a family emergency (her family that feels like my family) and while it’s not my story to tell, I will tell you that I am mental and physically exhausted.
When Nikki called me on Wednesday with the emergency, I left worked, packed my bag in 15 minutes (literally) and drove her down to her family. All of my days have been running together.
This Spaghetti Carbonara is quick to fix and I haven’t met anyone (yet) that doesn’t fall in love with it when we make it!
So, I’m sorry that I don’t have a new recipe for you today but I’m sure you’ll love this one. I hope to have more recipes up soon!
- 1 package (16 oz) Spaghetti
- 10 strips bacon
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Boil a large pot of salted water.
- Add the pasta and bring it back to a boil.
- Cook until done to your liking.
- Reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water. (DON'T FORGET THIS)
- Drain the pasta and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking its time to cook the bacon.
- Of course you can cook bacon in a sauce pan... BUT I grabbed my Pampered Chef Stoneware Bar Pan and decided to cook it that way 🙂
- Preheat Oven to 475F.
- Place single strips of bacon onto the Stoneware Bar Pan. (Or your favorite rimmed baking sheet
- Bake in the oven, for about 20 minutes. Bacon will come out crisp and beautiful!
- Once cooked, pull bacon from oven and let it rest for a few minutes while doing the next step.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with half the Parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Transfer the bacon to a cutting board and chop bacon into bacon bits.
- Pour about 2 tablespoon of bacon fat from the pan into a sauce pan and heat to medium heat.
- Add the cooked spaghetti and toss to coat in the bacon fat.
- Turn off the heat and add the egg mixture.
- Toss gently to coat the pasta and cook the eggs. Toss in the chopped bacon. Toss in peas.
- Toss everything together and let cook for 2-3 minutes or until peas are cooked.
- If the sauce is too thick, add the pasta water 1/4 cup at a time until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Serve with the remaining cheese and with parsley.
Looking for new ways to use Spaghetti Noodles?