This Amazing Air Fryer Buffalo Wings recipe is going to be a favorite from now on! Crispy chicken wings cooked in the air fryer are coated in homemade buffalo sauce and served with ranch to make the best buffalo wings!
RECIPE IS BELOW IN PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BUT BLOG POST IS FULL OF “HOW TO MAKE IT”, TIPS, INFORMATION AND FAQ
Along with many of my favorite foods, hot wings/Buffalo wings always remind me of my days of working at Rockola Cafe. We had some of the best food there and one of our most popular appetizers, behind the Loaded Cheese Fries, were the buffalo wings.
From what I’ve heard, there wasn’t much to the wings. Just a little Texas Pete hot sauce and butter is all it took to make the sauce for these delicious wings and then the fried chicken wings were just tossed in the sauce. I remember watching the kitchen guys drop the fried wings into a huge bowl and then flip them around in the sauce which is how we do it at home now.
Of course those chicken wings were deep fried chicken wings and while these air fryer chicken wings here aren’t deep fried, they’re just as tasty.
Air frying the chicken wings keeps them from drying out and they get super crispy without the deep frying!
Are these EXACTLY like Rockola Wings?
Well, that is hard to say. I haven’t had those wings in over 10 years because Rockola doesn’t exist anymore. However, when I ate them, I was transported back to the restaurant haha so I think they’re pretty close. I love the flavor!
Plus if you serve them with my Copycat Rockola Ranch Dressing and celery you’re going to LOVE them!
Ps. did you know that if you store your celery sticks in water in the fridge that they’ll taste more like restaurant celery sticks? Its True!
Why You Should Make Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings…
- Better than restaurant! take out wings
- easy to make chicken wings
- tossed in a super simple homemade buffalo sauce
- each batch only takes 20 minutes in the air fryer
- naturally gluten-free
QUICK GLANCE AT INGREDIENTS for Homemade Buffalo Wings:
- chicken wings (they’ll come at whole chicken wings and you’ll cut them)
- Texas Pete Hot Sauce
(AMOUNTS IN RECIPE CARD BELOW)
How to make Buffalo Wings in the air fryer:
- Make the sauce
Melt the butter in a small sauce pan.
- Add the hot sauce.
Pour in the hot sauce in whisk until combined.
- Bring to a boil and then remove from heat.
Bring mixture to a boil and then remove from heat.
- Cool it off
Let sauce cool while cooking chicken wings.
- Get the wings ready
Remove chicken from package and cut drumette and wingette apart on each wing.
All you need for this is a sharp knife and some pressure. Cut through the wing at the joints.
Also cut off the tip of the wing and discard it or keep it for chicken stock.
- Dry those wings!
Pat the chicken wing pieces dry with paper towels. This will make sure the get super crispy wings. I don’t add salt and pepper to these wings but you can if you really want to.
- Give them space!
Lay chicken wings in a single layer in the basket of an air fryer. (You may have to do 2 or 3 batches depending on the size of the air fryer basket, don’t crowd them)
- Fry Baby Fry
Air Fry at 375F for 10 minutes. Flip Wings over and air fry at 37F for 10 more minutes.
You always want to make sure that the inside of the chicken wings are cooked to 165F (I use an instant read thermometer to check them)
- Toss ’em and Sauce ’em
Remove from air fryer and toss the cooked wings into a large bowl with sauce. Swirl and toss wings around until coated in sauce.
- Serve them up!
Serve those sauced wings with homemade ranch and celery sticks….and maybe carrots
Frequently Asked Questions
For this recipe, we’re using fresh chicken wings, not frozen. If you’re using frozen chicken wings, you’ll need to thaw them in the fridge first.
If you don’t want to use this recipe for the sauce, you can use any sauce that you like. There are tons of great bottled wing sauces out there.
I love Texas Pete and that is what Rockola used, so that is what I use.
Cool! Me too! Just double the sauce recipe and dip the wings twice!
Here are some dipping sauce options: Ranch, Blue cheese dressing or Greek yogurt!
More Great Appetizer Recipes
More Great Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Healthy Low Carb Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Stuffed Cheeseburger Sliders
Amazing Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- 4.5 pounds chicken wings
- 1 cup Texas Pete Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Add butter to a small sauce pan.
- Melt on medium heat.
- Once butter is melted, whisk in Texas Pete. Whisk until combined.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then remove from heat.
- Let sauce cool while cooking chicken wings.
- Remove chicken from package and cut drumette and wingette apart on each wing. Also cut off the tip of the wing and discard it or keep it for chicken stock.
- Pat the chicken wing pieces dry with paper towels.
- Lay chicken wings in a single layer in the basket of an air fryer. (You may have to do 2 or 3 batches, don't crowd them)
- Air Fry at 375F for 10 minutes. Flip Wings over and air fry at 37F for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from air fryer and toss into bowl with sauce. Swirl and toss wings around until coated in sauce.
- Serve with homemade ranch and celery sticks!
I get about 30 wings from a 4.5 pound pack of chicken wings
For Saucer wings, double the sauce recipe and toss the wings twice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6 wings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 680Total Fat: 29.1ggSaturated Fat: 9.4ggCarbohydrates: 8gg
Love the recipes that you’re finding here but worried about misplacing them? Sign up for my newsletter above for new recipes every week OR make sure to pin this recipe to your Pinterest account so it’s always easy to find!