This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This amazing Crockpot Mini Doughnut Toasted Cheerios mix is a fantastic slow cooker version of my very popular Mini Doughnut Hot Buttered Toasted Cheerios recipe! Perfect for a party or as a snack for the family!
Want recipes delivered right to your inbox? Sign up here! I send out free e-cookbooks too!
LOVE IT? PIN IT!
Who knew that toasted Cheerios were so popular! I posted a recipe the other week for Mini Doughnut Hot Buttered Toasted Cheerios and so many people went absolutely crazy over them! A reader named, Christine commented and wanted to know if that recipe could be made in the crockpot! I wasn’t sure but I decided to give it a go since you can make Chex Mix in the slow cooker. Well, Christine, you can indeed make Mini Doughnut Hot Buttered Toasted Cheerios in the slow cooker and they are great!
What you’ll need to Crockpot Mini Doughnut Toasted Cheerios:
- Cheerios™ OR Cinnamon Cheerios™ cereal
- vanilla extract
- white sugar
- ground cinnamon
- crockpot/slow cooker
How to make Crockpot Mini Doughnut Toasted Cheerios:
Add Cheerios to the bowl of a slow cooker/crockpot.
Slice butter into small pats/pieces and scatter them all over the top of the cereal. Drizzle with the vanilla extract.
Cover with lid and set to high with a timer set to 3 hours.
After stir every 30 -45 minutes. You want to keep the bottom Cheerios from burning.
I know it’s a pain to have to tend to and stir a slow cooker recipes. However if you just let them sit there the bottom Cheerios will burn and won’t get the butter mixed onto them.
Once the timer is done, add sugar and cinnamon to cereal in slow cooker bowl; toss well to coat.
If you’re serving these at a party, just set the slow cooker to warm to keep these warm and toasty for guest!
Crockpot Mini Doughnut Toasted Cheerios FAQ
1. Can these be made in advance? Yes! They can be made in advance and kept in an air tight container for up to 5 days. They will probably last more than 5 days but we haven’t kept them longer than that.
2. Can these be made in a skillet on the stove top? Yes! If you want a faster skillet version, click here.
3. Can I use any type of Cheerios? You can use any kind of Cheerios for this recipe but I love the Original Cheerios and the Cinnamon Cheerios.
More Snack Mix Recipes:
- ABC 123 SNACK MIX
- REINDEER FOOD SNACK MIX
- GHOSTLY SWEET AND SALTY SNACK MIX
- WITCH HAT PUPPY CHOW SNACK MIX
- BUDDY THE ELF™ SWEET MAPLE CHEX™ MIX
- EASY CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHEX MIX
Crockpot Mini Doughnut Toasted Cheerios
I love to see what your cooking from the blog!
Love it? Pin it!
Once the timer is done, add sugar and cinnamon to cereal in slow cooker bowl; toss well to coat.Once the timer is done, add sugar and cinnamon to cereal in slow cooker bowl; toss well to coat.Once the timer is done, add sugar and cinnamon to cereal in slow cooker bowl; toss well to coat.