This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This super easy Chicken Noodle Casserole is chicken noodle soup in casserole form. This casserole made with chicken, vegetables and egg noodles is a classic southern casserole the you’re going to love adding to the menu! Plus, this Chicken Noodle Casserole has cheese!!
Want recipes delivered right to your inbox? Sign up here! Sometimes I even send out free e-cookbooks too!
LOVE IT? PIN IT!
This classic southern casserole is so simple to make! I’ll teach you how to make, bake it and freeze it for later!
What you’ll need to make Easy Chicken Noodle Casserole:
- Cooked Chicken
- Egg Noodles
- Canned Corn, drained
- Canned Sliced or Diced Carrots, drained
- Canned Peas, drained
- Cream Chicken Soup
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded
How to make a Southern Easy Chicken Noodle Casserole:
First you’re going to start with the chicken and the noodles. The chicken needs to be cooked before you make this casserole but that doesn’t take very long. However, you could use Store Bought Rotisserie Chicken for this Chicken Noodle Casserole or even left over chicken.
Also the egg noodles are only going to take about 6-8 minutes to cook. I cook the chicken and the egg noodles in the same pot (at different times) to reduce my pots and pans when making this dish.
Once the chicken is cooked and the egg noodles have been cooked and drained add them back to the main pot or a big bowl.
Add in all of the vegetables that you’re using for the chicken casserole. I normally use corn, peas and carrots for this casserole.
Then it’s time to add the spices. I’m using my all time favorites for this casserole.
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
I don’t add salt to this casserole but you can if you want. The noodles already have salt on them from cooking in salted and the cream of chicken soup has salt in it. Since we don’t cook with a lot of salt, we don’t really miss it but I know some people love salt and need it added. So please add salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the mixture into a 9×13 dish or a 2 quart baking dish. Top with cheese if adding cheese and bake!
How to cook Chicken Noodle Casserole:
This Chicken Noodle Casserole will cook at 350F for 30 minutes. Please make sure that if you’re not going to be putting cheese on the top of the casserole that you cover the top of the casserole with foil before putting it into the oven. If you forget the cheese and the foil, the noodles may burn.
Chicken Ideas and Options for Chicken Noodle Casserole:
- Store Bought Rotisserie Chicken
- Store Bought Fully Cooked Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
- Oven Roasted Beer Can Chicken
- Home Roasted Chicken
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken
- Garlic Roasted Chicken Thighs
- Leftover Chicken tenders
- Leftover Chicken
How to freeze Chicken Noodle Casserole:
Freezing casseroles is super easy.
If you want to freeze this casserole, mix it all together and pop it into the freezer INSTEAD of the oven.
Make freezing casseroles like this even easier by lining your casserole dish with foil before filling it. Then once you fill the casserole dish, cover and freeze it in the casserole dish for a few hours or until solid.
Then remove complete casserole in the foil from the dish. Place foil lined casserole in a freezer bag and then back into the freezer.
When it’s time to eet, just remove it from the bag and pop that frozen foil lined casserole back into a casserole dish and bake until hot.
Chicken Noodle Casserole FAQ
1. Can I use Pre-Cooked Chicken? You sure can! Pre-cooked chicken is great for this Chicken Casserole! I’ve got some ideas above on what types of chicken to use.
2. Do I have to put cheese on the top of this casserole? Nope! we like the cheese on it but if you don’t want to add cheese just make sure to cover the top of the casserole with foil before baking it.
3. Can I use frozen vegetables instead of canned? Yes! Frozen vegetables cook great in this recipe. They’re small and will defrost while the casserole is in the oven. A medium bag of frozen mixed vegetables would be perfect for this casserole.
4. Can I use other types of canned soups? Of course! You could use Cream of Mushroom soup, Cream of Celery Soup or really any type of “Cream of” soup that you wanted.
5. What about other noodles? Chicken Noodle Casserole can be made with all kinda of noodles but we tend to stick to egg noodles for this and for homemade chicken noodle soup. However, I think that rotini pasta, bow tie pasta and fusilli pasta would work great too.
More easy casserole recipes:
Chicken Noodle Casserole
I love to see what your cooking from the blog!
Love it? Pin it!