5 ingredients and one casserole dish is all you need to make this One Dish Easy Cheesy Mac and Cheese! Add some cooked shredded chicken to in at the end for an entire meal or serve it as is for the perfect cheesy side dish!
Want recipes delivered right to your inbox? Sign up here! Sometimes I even send out free e-cookbooks too!
LOVE IT? PIN IT!
What’s better than a huge bowl of creamy mac and cheese when it’s windy and cold outside? Nothing I tell ya! If I could pick one food to have no calories and no carbs, I would pick Mac and Cheese and I would eat it ever single day. Macaroni and cheese is probably one of my all time favorite foods. I know that makes me sound like I’m 5 years old but I just can’t help it.
An ooey, gooey mac and cheese is the way to my heart.
This One Dish Easy Cheesy Mac and Cheese is the perfect combination of crispy baked mac and cheese on top and creamy, cheesy mac and cheese underneath.
My husband’s grandma, Grandma Mary, would have LOVED this! She always told me that her favorite kind of mac and cheese was baked on top and creamy on the bottom when you spooned it out.
What’s that red in there?
Well my friends, that’s bits of freshly chopped tomatoes! Oh, don’t judge it til you try it! They’re very good in this One Dish Easy Cheesy Mac and Cheese but you can totally leave them out if you can’t stand the thought of tomatoes being in your mac and cheese.
You know what would go great with this Mac and Cheese?
The Cheesy Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwiches that I posted yesterday are perfect with this side dish!
- I used macaroni for this recipe but you can use anytime of medium sized pasta shape that you love
- If you want to use the entire 16 oz box of pasta, just double everything else in the recipe
- Make this a full meal by stirring in cooked, shredded chicken
- The original recipe that I adapted this from called for green chilies. I left them out because my husband is allergic, but feel free to add them. I added the amount as an optional ingredient in the recipe below.
- If you’re going to add the green chilies, only add 1 cup of diced tomatoes
- YES the pasta goes in uncooked
- You can mix everything in another bowl and then pour it into the casserole dish if you find that easier
One Dish Easy Cheesy Mac and Cheese
I love to see what your cooking from the blog!
THESE RECIPES ARE PERFECT WITH MY One Dish Easy Cheesy Mac and Cheese